Water leaking in my 97 gmc sonoma

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Bill Dauterive, Dec 6, 2014.

1. #21 Bill Dauterive, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2014
    well Ill take a picture of it tommorow , in the meantime heres a picture of the leak on the inside I took afew days ago.

Just put a new center bearing on the driveshaft afew weeks ago truck runs great but has some cosmectics issue on the outside ball is totally rusted and the truck has afew small smalls scratches here there so a new paint job wouldn't hurt.Also the rims are staring to show signs of rust. But it is a beautiful truck none the less.

Only thing is I dont like is the DRL's because you have to press the parking break for it to go off. Seems useless to me really.

Attached Files:

2. At a glance, it looks like window seal. But I'll wait till tomorrow to give you my opinion, I'm hoping you just have to reseal the light fixtures though. 

3. Okay
    okay here it is

Attached Files:

4. Ya that gasket looks gnarly. Try to replace the gasket first, if you can't find a direct replacement, you can typically buy a neoprene cut your own gasket. You could also try to plug anything visible with marine rated silicone. If that doesn't work, and if you are in USA or Canada, it should only cost 10-15$ for the gasket and silicone. So not too costly, having to get the window resealed can vary, but try to seal that up, it may help.

• Like Like x 1