Super Smash Brothers General

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Vicious, Dec 6, 2014.

1. And I'm back to Peach. I like Rosalina but shes brain dead and not 'fun'. Samus is my other main but I'm so try hard when I use her that it's not fun either. I like everything Peach has to offer. She has a good set of tools, a high skill cap, good powerful hits and I like how she plays. She keeps slightly out of enemy range and controls zone.

2. This is either gonna go really well, or really bad. I have an idea.
    There some who want to play competitively and do. Then their are some
    who still do, but don't/can't.
    "For Glory" is a 1 v 1 mode, no items and always Final Destination I believe?
    Sounds fun, sounds like most people who play "FG" are not Christmas noobs.
    So, for us Christmas noobs or noobs in general - I give you: For Shame! 
    It's shameful we're not ready "FG" and it would be shameful to lose to a CPU!
    This is a great way to past the time and practice. I hope this idea isn't too bad.
    Basically "FG" offline. 
    This is my first For Shame battle and me explaining it more, after this I will be doing "FS" 
    battles often til I'm ready for "FG".
    http://youtu.be/FQ3U9GHmyKc

3. #23 Vicious, Jan 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2015
    If you're trying to get good just play real people, you're going to stay a "Christmas noob" if you keep playing multiple CPUs with items. It doesn't have to be FD though if you can fight someone offline. I dislike FD being the For Glory stage since FD is often a counter-pick stage. You're going to loose a lot but I'd rather watch someone get stomped playing a PC than someone doing decent against a CPU. You want to be practicing certain fundamentals, tech and match up you're not going to get against a CPU. Playing against a CPU is dreadfully boring. I'm honestly not going to watch someone else do it.

Are you trying to play this game competitively like a fighting game or like a party game? There's no reason to tell you to git  gud or give you advice if you're just playing for 'fun'.

With Robin work on getting your charge up and abuse Elfire. Stop spamming your running smash (people are going to Shield > Throw you) and mashing A. You don't need that many wind loops, you can tell you're mashing. Robin is a zone character. Stay right outside the opponents range, harass and punish. Also keep count on your spells so you know when you will loose your books.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv6IwNNJuzA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ElZ6cJw9TI

4. #24 TimothyTheFirst, Jan 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2015
    holy shit...  4 hours?

But I play brawl with my room mates a lot.  Never really play online though.  Have melee but the disc hardly works.  We're not really competitive...  we just get drunk and play it.

I mainly use sonic or ice climbers.

5. It wasn't originally released as 4 hours. It was a part by part indie-documentary that came out with more parts over the course of a few years.
    But yeah, its 4 hours to watch it in full.

6. For Smash 4 my mains are Meta Knight, Ganondorf, and Peach. 

Anyone else have amiibo's? they're fun to collect

7. I have a fox and Mario amibo

I don't really use them but mostly got them for a display collection

[​IMG]

8. #28 aToker, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2015
    Yeah I originally got mine for display, but doing an 8 player smash with them is a lot of fun. Check out my Amiibo thread if you want, just made it.

9. Why aren't you fuckers adding me. Lets get this GC Smash shit going.

10. Princess Peach in her beautiful wedding dress.

11. On the last hour of the Smash Documentary. I've been following melee for a couple years now but majority of the stuff in it I didn't know. Very good so far. I'm really looking forward to the "movie" or new series or whatever which is coming out. I want to see some stuff about Armada and PPMD.

I really like Mang0. I've been watching his streams lately, seems like a very chill dude.

12. #32 *ColtClassic*, Jan 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2015

Dolphin has online multiplayer?

Seriously?

Also, does that ProjectM mod work for Dolphin roms?

Yes but Dolphin only plays Iso's. Iso's are ripped from disks, roms are ripped from cartridges. Dolphins netplay is pretty stable too, it uses direct peers instead of the old shitty friend code.

Sorry, I meant ISO's. This sounds pretty promising, I will check it out when I have time.

Is there a lobby system for netplay, or do you have to know the IDs of people on the other end? (is there a random connection mode?)

15. #35 Vicious, Jan 21, 2015

Ignore the ISO builder bit. If you're interested in Project M just torrent the Project M 3.5 For Netplay torrent. It's easier than patching it yourself but if you know how to do it legit, cool.
    http://www.smashladder.com/help/windows

For online there has to be a host. Person hosts the room, gives the person that is joining a code, they put it into dolphin and the game boots right up. It plays more like you're offline together or hooked up LAN than through multiplayer match making. I've only played Smash online but I know people play local multiplayer only games online together like old Mario Cart, Mario Party and shit. I'm trying to get back into Melee in that regard.

16. Mango is the best out right now in melee.. He still cleans house @ tournaments

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. #37 Vicious, Jan 21, 2015

I'm really hoping to see a threepeat with him taking EVO again this year. It would be something to see a rival match between him and HBox again, though I'm not too crazy about HBox.

And speaking of EVO, I'm devastated BlazBlue didn't make it. I'm also bummed Tekken got in over DoA but it's whoever pays up. Hopefully Guilty Gear can carry the BB hype. I'm not interested in P4U at all.

I've never been this hyped for Smash. I've been following for a couple years and have been familiar with some of the big names coming up but I've got a passion kicking for this game that I haven't had for a fighter, let alone any game in years. I was worried it might be too late to get back into Melee but they hype is real. I was worried being at EVO again this year might be its Siren Song but I'm confident the community can carry it.

I'm pissed I didn't go to CEO last year. I've competed in it several times but that was before I got back into Smash. I'll definitely be going again this year just to see the top Melee players. I'll enter too but it won't even be a contest. I've placed well in BB, DOA and P4A at CEO but now that its become national level the competition has been intense. FL's scene is pretty good too. I need to get my car running so I can start fighting again.

18. Hey Vicious, does the Project M mod have specifically higher hardware demands because of its texture mods and graphic enhancements? I can run most gamecube games on Dolphin at native resolution around 40-50fps on a laptop with a dual core i3 @ 2.4 GHZ with integrated graphics, but it doesn't seem to be up to spec for the mod... let me know what you think, I'd really like to get it working.

It should take the same requirements as Brawl. I lag without fps drop when I first tried the game and I'm on a 4770k @ 3.4Ghz. After playing around with the options the game runs like butter. If you have any questions on setting it up or want to get some matches in your best bet is getting a hold of me through Skype or Steam. I use them same name for both.

Okay, thanks.

I hate finding out about this shit (and seeing games like Far Cry 4) after I am half a world apart from my gaming rig.... sigh...