Rolling Machines Piss Me Off

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by Cannasouer, Dec 6, 2014.

1. My friend got one of those cheap plastic rolling machines at the smoke shop yesterday and the more I think about it, the more it pisses me off. Now don't get me wrong, it's awesome to have the ability to roll a perfect joint in 10 seconds, but to me it's just not the same thing. Hand rolling is an art; something that you have to keep practicing to get better at. Then at the end, you get to smoke your masterpiece. To me, it doesn't get better than that and thats why I love rolling my own and not having a machine do all the hard work and take all the skill out of my favorite past time. Anyone else feel the same way?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Yeah rolling machines suck.

I feel the same way when I used to smoke joints.  I took pride in my mastery.  Besides that, when you're good it takes the same amount of time or less to just do it by hand.

3. Exactly! Plus it's just something so easy to learn how to do that it doesn't make much sense to waste the money on a machine

4. i agree that everyone should know how to roll, but certain folks with dexterity issues, shaky hands, or just old age truly benefit from rolling machines. i know i used one very early on because of my shaky hands, but i learned how to work with it and have rolled hands by joint now for many years.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Good point phunk doc.  They definitely have their uses for some people.  Never thought of that.

When I was a young teenage stoner I would practice rolling with my moms tobacco and butts so that come the weekend I was that much more proficient in rolling up the herb my friends and I picked up. :smoking:

6. I didn't think about people with health/motor issues. Thats a very good point

7. I love joints but I hate rolling.

Even rolling machines are too much trouble.

So now I'm happy just packin bowls.

8. You can be an art snob of you eant but why get pissed ay someone else for not?

Not all of us are artists. Some of us are artists but don't feel the need to make joint rolling an art.

You can be proud of you joint rolling art without hating on others for not right?

Just chill. I for one love being able to get a perfect joint right away. Gives me.more time to focus on real art like.music

-yuri

9. There's no such thing as 'real' art. Art is not defined by what the object is, but by what the intentions of the person who created it are. Art can be anything. It amazes me how much hypocrisy you can put in one post, in a mere 10 or 15 lines; you go from saying how it's wrong to hate on someone for not being an art snob, but then you bash what I consider an art by playing it off as unreal. For future references, the best way to get your point across is to be an example of what you are pointing out.

10. No. I want to get high in 5 seconds and it pisses me off that it takes 10 seconds to roll a joint with a rolling machine.

11. I never liked them, personally I just don't need it. I think of rolling as a nice build to the climax that is, getting high.
    Its just fun.

My nan uses a machine because it first to roll for her, so I do understand why they get bought.

I roll better than a machine anyway ;):)

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  12. I got a cheap plastic rolling machine for like 3$ when I was out of town for some work. I thought I couldn't go wrong with it, plus I'm not good at rolling j's. But, when I used it, it was too complicated. Better off just hand rolling, which I know how to do pretty nice now, haha.

13. I think you misread.my.post

I wasn't hating on people who roll joints or think of it as art

In fact there was only.one.negative word I used "snob" which is what the op was being by hating.on lessers

The point is there is no need for hate and idk how yyou say my post as hate that's odd way if interpreting it

-yuri

14. i use a rolling machine; it rolls better, smoother, slower-burning joints than i do by hand, otherwise i'm just wasting weed.
    i respect the art of being able to roll by hand, i'm just not as efficient.

15. it helps especially when I'm driving

16. I don't like them because people tend to roll the j's too tight and you can't get a good draw. :confused_2:  It took me a while to be able to roll a good standard joint consistently and i never used a rolling machine. Safe to say that each year, my rolling style changes and gets a bit better.

Where i come from, people that use rolling machine for fags or joints get this piss taken out of them a wee bit (friendly banter) and end up learning anyway.  :smoke:

17. I was once given a rolling machine by one of my brothers friends and then I ended up throwing it against my wall because I didn't know how to use it

18. Probly shoulda got high first :lol:

-yuri

19. I own a machine, and can also hand roll quite well. I prefer blunts, so I dont roll joints too often. BUT I agree that rolling can be an art form. it takes time and practice to get it down perfectly. For those who cant roll by hand, or have trouble holding it still, or getting sweaty hands, or whatever, its a nice tool thats easy to use, and quick to make a near perfect roll. I prefer them when I have to roll a bunch for a road trip or something, but otherwise Id rather use my hands :smoking:

20. I thought you meant those annoying click clack tobacco rollers. The kind you insert the tubes lol. And click clack

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum:blaze: