Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do stoners become homeless similar to hard drug addicts and alcoholics?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Messiah Decoy, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Why or why not?

2. Yes similar to every other type of person in this world. Seen lots more homeless that aren't junkies.. probably because they have no money.

3. Yes, if they have no money. And have no hustle, and are stupid, and stuff 

4. Depends.  Did the Government get their hands on said "stoners"?  If so, then possibly these stoners would be homeless.

5. No to hard drug use

Why? Because even those who actually become addicted to marijuana do not become addicted in the same way as hard drug users. Hard drug users will spend all their money on drugs and cannot resist getting high so that affects their ability to work.

I cannot answer yes or no to the alchol part of the question. People become homeless due to alcholism perhaps when they cause an accident at work probably when they have to operate some sort of vehicle. An alcholic doesnt become unable to do any job though and can have more control. The alcholism does hold them back though so if they get fired or their expenses increase they are screwed.

6. #6 Messiah Decoy, Dec 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2014
    Are these examples of a person becoming homeless soley because of weed addiction or simply of a homeless person who happens to smoke weed?

Because alcohol and hard drugs actually cause homelessness. Is this the case with weed?

Alcohol, and hard drugs don't make people homeless. Dumb ass people make themselves homeless, by being fucking stupid. The only reason I can think of a stoner becoming homeless without being a dumbfuck, is getting railroaded by the law. 

8. Some alcoholics can't keep a steady job because they're always drunk.

Ditto for some hard drug users.

9. Yes... If u smoke the marijuanas u WILL be homeless!!!

10. #10 QualiD, Dec 6, 2014
    People with addictive personalities are the exception, but cannabis is less 'addictive' than caffeine and I've yet to see someone lose their shit over a coffee addiction (and fuck the person who googles that 1 in a million story that goes against this statement because in an infinitely expanding universe anything is possible, this is just for example) in my lifetime.

Fuck, you can become addicted to cheeseburgers, but you're going to work hard to get them.

alcoholics and real drug addicts do horrible things to get what they want. can't hold a job. lose everyone close to them. usually wind up dead.

and weed is still illegal. fuck.

11. #11 Messiah Decoy, Dec 6, 2014
    I'm talking about extreme cases like alcoholism and hard drug addiction caused homelessness.

12. This is because they're stupid. 

13. Im pretty sure all homeless people smoke weed. So the lines sort of blur. Lol.

14. well i mean, sorta?  maybe?

when i was growing out doors in nor cal i lived in a tent, in the dry tent on the property.  technically not homeless?  year round camping maybe?

15. Tolerating homelessness is like tolerating a gambling habit. The will is in the risk.

16. yeah man you better quit now because in a couple of months youll be living under the bridge begging for chANGE

I can only argue my own case; I've been toking regularly and heavily since 2010, and I'm a year away from completing a masters degree in some pretty hardcore math and coding. I also train and compete in jujitsu, and do work translating websites. By no means a lazy stoner, and I smoke a lot every day

I don't think it has anything to do with the weed, but rather the person who smokes it. No motivation, no will, no hope, no need, no sense of a future - all of these things can make it so that you forgo all other parts of your life to smoke, and spend your money only on smoking.

There was, to that point, a year or so of my university life where I was barely outdoors, barely passed my classes, didn't fuck any women, didn't see my friends much, didn't train. I smoked all the time then, and I was depressed, so I suppose that's a pathway to losing everything

18. im a flyer..  i just fly through life and it works itself out.  weed doesnt demotivate me.  I can have fun without it.

19. So it's not the drugs, it's the person.

And no, having lived in Los Angeles and and talking to many bums at, gas stations trying to wash my windows with greasy newspaper, I've never heard them say they're homeless because of weed. It's usually work related, probably doesn't have control of his/her decision power. Could be a mental disease, and therefor prone to drug use.

20. I've talked to several homeless at the shelter and food bank and most are homeless as a choice.  Not all, but a substantial amount have just dropped out.

Alcohol and meth seem to be the destroyers...not responsible herb smoking.

Be lazy and make shitty decisions and you too can be homeless.  :cry: