Organic soil vs coco coir test grow

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by StonedNonsense, Dec 5, 2014.

1. #1 StonedNonsense, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2014
    Bless up, I'm new to the coco coir forums. I'm currently doing a organic soil grow with c-99, but i want to experiment and run coco 12/12 from from seed to compare the yield and taste/smell to see if there is any significant differences. I originally wanted to make an amended coco mix, but don't have enough time to let it cook with flowering starting next week. Can somebody recommend a quality organic nute regimen for coco (keeping in mind i'm running 12/12 from seed)? Has anybody ran 6/9 head formula with organic nutes? Also, if anybody wants to check out my soil grow the link is in my sig

2. Hey SN, this looks interesting! I'm currently doing a single plant grow in coco/perlite inside a pc cabinet. My last grow attempt (I say attempt, as it was unsuccessful) I was doing and amended soil grow. This time around I wanted to give coco a try since I've heard so many good things about it. So far, I like it! But my next grow I think I'll do an amended soil grow but mixed 60/40 soil/coco plus amendments. I think the coco will help lighten up the mix and make it so I don't have to water so much.

3. #3 StonedNonsense, Dec 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2014
    Kofidog, I love amended soil, all you really need is a good ewc tea, mulch and water, coco and nutes is strange waters for me. Mulch really helps retain moisture in soil, it might work for coco.

4. I've done the comparison years ago & coco is hands down the best medium as far as yield, plant health and yea, yield. I am upgrading to 5 gallon smart pots so I'm hoping more root = more fruit. Fingers crossed

5. I'm subbed looks cool