Im NEW NEW and my weed is in need of assistance

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Snowman0HK, Dec 5, 2014.

1. #21 Snowman0HK, Dec 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2014

Yeah I'm definitely new and open to the idea I messed something up, except I really haven't done anything yet. I bought the dirt, germed the seeds and put them in the dirt. and put them under light. The end. Also if u got 20 posts saying FF nute burned plants then a reasonable assumption can be made that it probably IS the FF....

2. #22 Joghorn, Dec 6, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
    yeah its nothing against you new growers, i just get perplexed because ive never had the issues, and ive six different strains under my belt plus a ton of bagseeds.

honestly the only issues ive ever encountered growing was light burns where my foliar feeding made magnifying glasss effect with a droplet that didnt get absorbed fast enough.

other than that, ive encountered zero problems other than growing a male

3. One problem could be you started them in soil that was to wet or your light design isn't where you'd like it.

As another post said, be patient and don't kill them. Sometimes we over care for them and the result is rarely good. 

It's a weed, it'll grow.

Attached Files:

4. hey man how they doing today?

5. They are doing much better, I did a lite flush a couple days ago when it was time to water. And other than that I haven't touched them. They're putting out a lot of new growth and it all looks green and healthy. Thanks for all the help guys. 

Attached Files:

6. #26 snoopdog6502, Dec 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2014
    The key to small plants is not to over water. roots need air. A small plant cant drink much.

That's how we get away with growing in water doing hydro is we pump lots of air into the water.

Let it get close to completely dry before you water again. It sound weird but its just one of the tricks you learn after a few years.

7. #27 RedganjaDown, Dec 7, 2014
    Why did you only fill the cup with 1/2 dirt? Put an oscillating fan on those bitches. Make that stem strong.

8. Yeah i've been reading that from a lot of places. Over wathering can be the death of your plants. They are pretty dry right now. But im still gonna wait a day to water. 

Some of my dirt got rinsed out when I did the flush. Also they are in an enclosed bucket so and oscilating fan wont do anything, but I wired 2 80mm cpu fans into the bucket 1 intake and 1 exhaust. The plants have a fairly large amount of air moving over them at all times. They get blown on pretty good. 

10. Also, when should I change my light schedule? i'm running my lights 24 right now. at what point should I go to 18/6?

11. Why is your plant in an enclosed bucket?  It should have fresh air and at least a fan blowing on them to strengthen their stalk.

12. Prolly within the next week or so.  I don't usually give seedling 24 hours of light for very long.

13. #33 Snowman0HK, Dec 7, 2014
    the answer is right in the same post you quoted. It's called a space bucket and there are fans on the plants. 

http://www.growweedeasy.com/marijuana-space-buckets

thanks for the tip on the lights, I'll switch up the schedule in a week or so.