Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

should I freeze my bud?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by dancingbear_420_, Dec 4, 2014.

1. How many people freeze their bud? And for what reason? I know people freeze it to make hash with kief(the trichomes) afterward.. but does freezing your bud even benefit you if soon after you'll just grind it up and smoke it? Does it make more kief when you grind it up yet make the product that you're going to smoke way less potent?

sorry for bombarding this thread with questions. I'm very new and pretty much just want to know what are the benefits of freezing your bud

2. No, people only freeze their bud to better separate the resin glands (trichomes) from the the actual plant matter...in doing so, they can better process what they want for edibles/tinctures/hash/other concentrates... but one would not store cannabis in the freezer for personal use of smoking, it would be a horrible experience and a waste to do that.

3. Only for kief, freezing flowers to smoke sounds like a terrble idea.

4. I dont know about yall, but i freeze weed to kep it fresh if i have alot, tho i ony had to do this once, pllus if you ever get raided, chances are, they'll never check your freezer ever if they do just store it in boxes n shit frozen weed does not smell

5. It can grow mold. I've heard of people storing it in the freezer of fridge if theyre going to be holding onto quantity for awhile. But the best place for weed is always going to be a mason jar in a dark place.