Sanctuary Gardens - Minions and Monsters

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by SG1, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Definately bookmarking that link haha

2. #1962 HOWHIGHISTOHIGH, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2015
    Damn double post!

3. A lot of that info has been sprinkled through your threads, I have a similar page in my notebook, pretty much just your strains though! Its really awesome to see it all laid out like that, makes it easy to follow the heritage behind the lines!

Peace & Love
    PyspherE

4. Got a question about male selection.. What would make a great male to breed with? I have a couple and can pop more seeds to find better ones if need be.. But what makes a male a better than good candidate for breeding? I'll attach a pic of two that I have spilling pollen right now.

2015-03-28_13.26.50.jpg

5. I'd use both

6. As I rarely add anything of value with my observations, I'm hopeful that this link will offer at least a reference point for the range of terpenes  mentioned in your quest (likely nothing you haven't already seen, but humor me)

Until science can be done, it's a crap shoot.
    Now that I know how to store pollen long term, I'm beginning to save pollen off multiple males.
    Currently I just harvested 1 Noc male's pollen, with 2 more of slightly diff structure ready for flower.
    Also have 3 beautiful Gob Queen males in flower now.
    Each will have it's pollen stored, with only one to be used at a time.
    Next run, diff male, etc.
    Once my loyal minions and I properly run some girls, we judge which male pheno did the best.

The bonus to this type of madness? It's when you find out which male was the hot producer, and you still got his spunk in deep freeze.
    Proof is in the puppies, speculation otherwise.

8. #1970 CanadianOrganic, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2015
    I was about to say, do both! I don't think there is such a thing as a bad male unless they hermie.

9. Not trying to keep you stuck on the computer or phone but what is the best way to store pollen long term?

I learned a bunch about breeding from another ole timers thread(another site)
    Heard convo about hermie males, and how good of prodigy they produce.
    Levels of hermie are critical, and only late flower hermies need apply.
    Early transsexuals should be avoided 100%.

Other things mentioned were that hermie males gave lower percentages of hermies than the females lines normally produce.
    Also told of higher female to male ratios when using hermie males.
    I found out that I had used a hermie male to breed to make Kraken, MCD, Halo 2.0, Halo elite, and Halo 3x, maybe a few more.
    This has been a very strong producer male.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can see calyxes with seed(never matured and 100% male if they would have)
    I can tell you, that for what seed I've popped (Halo x Halo elite) are holding a 65-70% female ratio.
    0 hermie nanners on Halo elite and some late flower nanners on the Halo 2.0.
    If I hadn't have let him go so long I would have never known.
    So just like females, late flower hermies are fine to use.

11. Woah, that's cool.

Thanks Melord!
    Gorgeous male, though

12. great photo sg.

Thats the first time i have seen a male fully open like that sure is pretty

Moisture is the enemy.
    Even fluffy pollen contains water molecules, and if frozen fresh, the pollen cells will rupture once the water expands.

2 stages of drying.
    Fridge and freezer.

Tools needed - 2 jars, folded paper packets(like coke packets)
    Drying tools - Any will do - Dessicant packs, cardboard strips, toasted rice. I like the card board strips and fresh dry them over the toaster on low setting.

Here's what I do.
    Harvest pollen, place in a dry, smooth, folded paper thang.
    Place in a dry jar with freshly dried cardboard.
    I take out the cardboard 3 times a week, re-dry it, and replace in jar.
    Do this for 2 weeks, then place into a dry frozen jar, with fresh, dry card board.
    Then leave it alone till needed.
    The only time I re-dry the cardboard is when I have to add or remove pollen.
    This will take out all the moisture from any condensation let in when opening it.

Works great!

14. #1978 tallglassesofmilk, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
    That's awesome, thank you SG. Definitely going to be fun watching this MCD male spunk all over the damn place and knock up everything I've got.. Kraken, halo and noc will be some of the first.

15. Anyone have any pics of the kraken? It's got my interest

16. RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

[​IMG]