Eric Garner killer wont be indicted

Discussion in 'Politics' started by iAmBetty, Dec 3, 2014.

Perfect record!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/19/us/in-150-shootings-the-fbi-deemed-agents-faultless.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

2. Does anybody have a rational idea that the general public should do about this situation ? This whole thing bothers me but do you guys feel that protesting is really going to make the change we want ? I just felt the need to ask because my mom is upset that i don't want to go with her to protest in washington d.c. 

3. What exactly is she protesting?  Exactly what change do you want?  I think the rational thing for the public to do would be to act rational.

4. Justice ,she claims there is a war on black boys like me she says. She makes it seem like im a coward for not wanting to go out there. The change i personally want is a end to the police brutality.

5. #85 well highdrated, Dec 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2014

what do you believe?

if you are young, you could make it your life goal to become a lawyer and make sure shit like this doesn't happen.. at least not in your cases. i think it's more effective than standing around with a sign. 
    or you could be a good cop and show others how its done.

my point is there are a lot of ways to fight for what you believe in. don't blindly follow your mom, especially since it sounds like you don't even think that's a rational thing to do. 

Protesting can be hit or miss. There is strength in numbers, and like in America you can see how, if a social movement becomes large enough and is just, change can happen (Women's suffrage, Civil Rights Movement, workers rights/unions etc). However, protesting can become discredited by things becoming violent by minorities in those groups, like how you are much more likely to hear about the violent Ferguson protesters instead of the peaceful ones, and the media is more than willing to discredit movements by associating them with socially stigmatized views, like the media trying to associate GamerGate with sexism, and it boils down to what is being protested. Its my opinion that too much of the protests are about pushing racial narratives instead of focusing on police brutality and militarization, which affects every citizen. If your mind and heart aren't in the situation, than I wouldnt do it.

7. Ending police brutality is a noble goal.  Your mother's sympathy is being manipulated by experts, she's a lost cause but you sound reasonable.  I agree with well hydrated, get your education and work for change from the inside.  Charging racism when there is none makes people look foolish while you have kept your eye on the true problem with Garner's situation, the tyranny of the government, in this case specifically DeBlasio's government where the desire for tax income trumped Garner's freedom to sell cigarettes.

Then go ahead and protest. Even if you are only 50% correct, it's still better than doing nothing.

9. Another day another wrongful death by those who are suppose to protect us. Not to be cynical but the most that comes out of it is a week of outcry till there's something else to talk about and never solve the prior. Especially when people don't even realize the root of the issue. We are dealing with the consequences of a state monopoly. Actually, I wouldn't even call it a monopoly, it's far worse since you're forced to fund idiotic cops that have little to no significant consequence for many of their actions, you're still forced to pay.

10. As far as I see things, the American police force is a gang. A government sanctioned street gang.

The boys in blue, thugs and murderers.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. No one cares anymore. There are new trending topics. Get over it. Baaaa

12. Small world man, im pretty sure ive been stopped by that officer before. Nothing serious but he had that same scowl on his face as the pictures show.

Smh

13. Current UK Twitter trends say otherwise.
    View attachment Current Twitter Trends.jpg
    This generation seems to be protesting more and more these days about various issues, I guess it's because we all know that collectively we're fucked and most politicians don't care abut us.

14. What a twitter.
    You mean tbis generation had produced more sheep then ever.
    I will protest becuse facetwit says so.

15. #95 Captain VXR, Dec 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2014
    If anything this generation is more informed than ever - live streams of protests and conflicts make it a lot harder to be fed lies by both Washington and Moscow. Twitter can often be a great source for breaking news - I was following the Ottawa shootings live therefore I knew a lot more about it than had I just read an article about in The Times a couple of days later.
    The people protesting the unjust killing of Eric Garner are certainly not sheep doing what they're told. That belongs to apologists for the NYPD.

Edit - there are a lot of morons who believe everything they are told by RT and other Kremlin fronts. The internet makes it easier to expose their lies, however.