Eric Garner killer wont be indicted

Discussion in 'Politics' started by iAmBetty, Dec 3, 2014.

1. 1) The choke hold is illegal in NYC

2) Garner says he can't breathe 11 times during the choke hold. The choke hold probably was a MAJOR factor.

2. #22 Annicus, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2014
    I've choked out a few bitches and douches, I'd never hold them that long unless I really thought they were going to kill me IE they have a weapon, an unarmed person can and should be taken down in other ways less likely to have this possible outcome.

It looked like they released him after a few seconds and he was wheezing and saying I can't breathe. If you can talk and shout you can breath somewhat. To me it appears he had an asthmatic attack after the cop choked him

4. It's like saying you shooting someone didn't kill them, it was the loss of blood after you shot them that killed them.

5. #25 Uncle_Meat420, Dec 4, 2014

Yes. I don' know what point you are making. The cop should be punished. Unintentional manslaughter or negligent homicide.

6. What probable cause did the police even have to suspect Eric Garner of committing a crime that day? I don't think they had any, and did what they did because he had a belligerent attitude. Eric probably had no or little legal representation.

7. I wouldn't shed a tear if someone found this scum and took justice themselves.

8. What's crazy is theres video proof of the dickhead cop using the illegal manuever, and he hasn't had anything done to him about this. not even something small like a fine, he should be imprisoned

9. #29 SlowMo, Dec 4, 2014
    This sorry incident IS police brutality! Whether the initial harassment was motivated by police racism, I haven't a clue. But I'm willing to give blacks the benefit of the doubt on this one.

I do have one caveat. The usual race-baters that love to come on the news channels and scream, rant, and rave about a presumed racial genocide and that white cops are primarily motivated by their racial prejudices should consider the facts. According to Dept of Justice statistical data as cited by Homicide Trends in the United States:

"According to the US Department of Justice, blacks accounted for 52.5% of homicide offenders from 1980 to 2008, with whites 45.3% and Native Americans and Asians 2.2%. The offending rate for blacks was almost 8 times higher than whites, and the victim rate 6 times higher. Most murders were intraracial, with 84% of white homicide victims murdered by whites, and 93% of black victims murdered by blacks."

If there's a genocidal conspiracy taking place, it's being perpetrated by blacks against themselves. Furthermore, twice as many whites were murdered by non-white races than blacks were murdered by non-blacks!

[​IMG]

So Al Sharpton and the rest of the inflamers should do what rational people do and stick to the facts as they occur on a case by case basis.

That doesn't mean that racism isn't an issue or a motivator in urban police harassment. That definitely needs to be addressed. But let's not give these gas-on-the-fire loudmouths the ability to skew reality and exaggerate to the point of absurdity just so they can whip up more frenzied hatred and thus get their mugs on the evening news more often as they pretend to be some credible "experts". Their so-called expertise conveniently disregards the facts.

10. The law prohibiting selling single cigs is what started this particular ball rolling, not racism. What the fucks so terrible about selling cigs laws must be created to stop it?  The city missing out on tax income?  If the guy had owed 4.5 million dollars in unpaid taxes he'd be invited to the White House instead of being harassed and assaulted.

11. #31 Sgtstadanko707, Dec 4, 2014
    Wonder how this would have all went down if he would have just follows the cops orders. Seems to be a reoccurring theme in these cases.

Mental note:

Being a dickhead to a cop gets you nowhere.

12. There are ghetto's here in Ireland where the kids try to provoke the cops into the estates with stolen cars, calls to 911, etc and then fight the cops in pitch battles. The vast majority of Irish cops don't have guns, batons and lately pepper spray.

It's a fair fight, nobody gets killed, the vast majority of kids escape (if the cops win, they often retreat if over run).
    Most people grow up here with a begrudging respect for cops. There is no fear and I don't know anybody that is really afraid of or intimidated by cops.

Sent from the back of a jihadist donkey...

13. That still doesn't justify their actions..

14. cops who choke to death folks selling cigs are the grand dickheads 

15. This guy wasn't threatening anybody, there's no reason for him to be dead. I really don't know why the Ferguson case is getting more attention than this case, this case is way more of an injustice. I think the grand jury should have charged him with manslaughter, I don't think it was murder because I doubt he meant to kill Garner, but he was totally negligent in his use of force. There was no need to keep choking him when he was down and had 3 other cops on him.

16. Would they have needed to use them if just complied.

If he wants justice you comply and let the justice system play out. Take it to court and win. Going to jail for selling single cigs. Lol. Theno Sue the shit out of the department.
    Getting defensive with a cop will get you nowhere.

17. They didn't need to use that kind of force either way. That's why they're not supposed to use chokeholds now.

18. The protests & riots should be in NYC rather than Fergusson. I'd join those protests.

19. if when an officer kills a citizen and there is some grey area as to the justification, then the officer gets off

if when an officer kills a citizen and there is no grey area as to the justification, then the guy who was killed should have taken the officer to court and the officer still gets off

20. As I've said in other threads, any experienced grappler knows when to let go. That's ridiculous, he could have been brought down with a wrist guard if he needed to be which he didn't, stupid choices on the officers part.