Almost ready, best flushing techniques?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by drnewgrow, Dec 3, 2014.

1. WAVE: wassup everyone! Just looking toe find some input on my crops. Anyone know about flushing?! Kinda lost as the info I have read hasnt really been consistent. Im using basically a drip system with canna nutrients. Should I just take my res and fill it with pH'ed water for a few days let circulate? or change it a few times a day? And how long should I dry it?!? I dont want to lose this precious mystic! I read online about an "ash test" and to have white dusty ash after combustion is best, what I have been medicating with recently is not that at all. I want a clean tastey medication. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Just empty the res and replace with empty water 1-2 weeks before harvest. There's no need to change the water after that 

3. No need to "flush." Just keep nutrient levels appropriate for the plants stage of growth. At the end of their flower cycle there nute requirements will decrease.

I've been curious about this myself, but I haven't needed to think about it because I'm still weeks away from flowering my first set of clones. Does depriving the plant of nutrients impact the overall potency in the long run? Or is potency determinde during the vegetative phase?

It's a good question, it's not something I have experimented with. I have done many grows with no flushing and many with flushing. Flushing is important if you have been overdosing and especially in soil. Not so much hydro though. As Johnny brav0 said, if you are giving them the correct dosage then flushing isn't necessary and I totally agree with this. However I don't believe flushing causes any harm. In the last week of flowering the plants take up hardly any nutes, sometimes none at all, just water. 

As for potency though, all my experience has showed me that potency will be maxed out as long as the plants are healthy and not harvested too early. So I believe that a flushed plant and a non flushed plant will have the same potency as long as they aren't overdosed and all else being equal