????????Japanese classic car thread????????

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by invinciblejets, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Dam missed your post lol I own and second gen love it.

Why did you decide against it?

It's going under the knife for a turbo swap soon.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..💨⛽️

2. #102 APH, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2015
  3. #104 Bob Barker, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2015
    That has happened to me and I reply with,''use your words'' with a head nod and eye brow raise. I dont know what it is but some people get blown away when a stranger asks them a question.  

I have seen a little old lady drive a clean y49 crx around my small town. When I  get a opportunity I'm going to start some small talk with her. I also talked with a old gay creeper a couple times about his old 1987 civic hacthback SI. He gave me a price of $1000 but his car was beat to shit but all stock.

4. I checked the sigma out today, It has bad rust around the bottom of the back window so ill give it a miss.

5. Yeah that's a PITA spot for rust!
    Surprised you have to worry bout rust tho I thought it was dry there

6. Where I'm from it's extremely dry through summer, Not uncommon to hit 42c +(107+ F) days on end. Even right now it's 11:58pm and it's 26c(78.8 F) outside.

I live 5min from the ocean, I guess that doesn't help the rust situation.

7. I will buy a car from Japanese Classics. Preferably a EF9 SIR-2

They just got a Integra in.
    [​IMG]

Just Arrived: 1989 DA6 Integra OEM B16A 5 M/T. Extremely Clean, runs and drives excellent. 59k Original Miles. Offered at $9,995

Available Now in Richmond, VA

804-677-1419

<div> 

</div> 

•  

8. 1991 Acura NXS: 

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Plan on buying one in the next couple years. Not sure what year I'm gonna get though [​IMG]

9. I spy a 1988 10th anniversary edition rx7 turbo II^^^

10. ^I day dream of having a NSX someday. But at roughly 50000 dollars on average, I doubt it'll be any time in the next ten years, if ever :(

And you guys goin on about s12's, shit, I doubt any of us will own one of them either. They're disappearin from the Earth, getting rusted, and were already rare years ago and all... it's such a bummer.

I saw a stock turbo s12 at my local walmart one time. God damn was it beautiful.

I've always wanted a 300zx TT, but those things are disappearin too. Ghetto people bought them up once they got cheap and now the only ones I can find are riced or broken down. Fuckin hell. The future of 90's Japanese tuners in America is bleak as fuck.

11. ^ a first generation nsx can be had well below that price point, almost half of it actually. S12 may be disappearing but at least i could work one into the budget right now, a nsx....not so much

Dream car for me right there. That and the Saleen S7. Both raw ass cars with fantastic builds and power. I want a race spec NSX at some point in my life.

13. If you guys look hard on autotrader or some other online car selling venues, you can find an NSX with high miles for like $25,000

Which in the scheme of things isn't so bad! It's an extremely rare car. To let you know how rare, each year Corvette produces around 30,000 units, sometimes more, sometimes less. From 1991-2005 there were less than 19,000 NSX's produced in the World! And only 9,000 in North America. Spending $25k is worth it to be snapping necks everywhere you go [​IMG]

From what I've read too, buying the early 90's models are best for racing/going fast bc those were the lightest built NSX's. The later models starting adding weight for more features. 

14. later models have more power i believe and yah im with you, i tihnk that they re a pretty good deal. You also have the assurance of the honda drivetrain so its not like your buying a 20 yr old euro-exotic that might turn into a nightmare. Been hounding my dad to get one(or some kind of m-car), hes 6 4 though and has no desire for a nice car. Guy makes tons of dough and he switches between a 2010 gmc sierra and a 2013 ford transit depending on which one im driving at the time (both owned by his company), he doesnt even have a non work vehicle.

15. I think there was a horsepower upgrade, but it was small. The early model NSX came with 3.0  w/ 270hp and later on a manual is 3.2 Vtec w/ 290hp was offered. Very few changes were made to the NSX during 1991-2003...I think the headlights being one of the main face lifts. 

It'd be cool if you could get your pops to splurge but some bad news - my roommate is 6'4" and said he would never buy an NSX (even tho he thinks they're one of the sickest rides on the road) bc he doesn't fit in one well. He's sat in several at car shows before and it's too small a car for him. 

I wanna get an NSX and slowly freak the engine out. I'd like one that pushes around 400 hp....with that ultra light body you would smoke motherfuckers! 

16. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoYGIX7fthM

This car is out of control! 

Little more than I'd like to do, but listening to those turbos' spool is music to my ears! [​IMG]

17. #118 mercinariesgtr, Mar 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2015

The size thing is why im always trying to get him to go german, they tend to make cars big people fit in. My mr2 barely works for him. i actually took him to the dealership by surprise and it was like pulling teeth to get him to walk around and look at things. We were on our way back from somewhere just driving by and i pulled in. In the last 30 years hes had one non-work truck and that was my vw tdi. He s been talking about a subaru forester or ford escape, both are, imho, pointless if you have a pick up(extended cab) at your disposal and his wife has a volvo wagon. anyways this shit aggrivates me

As far as nsx's i was looking at some videos yesterday and they dont seem to be that fast with turbos. They obviously are but when you watch it and see in cars its kinda like meeehhh i guess thats fast. I also saw a few twin turbo videos which i dont really get. I would think that it only really maade sense to strap a single snail on there that was sized for your application.

I saw on craigslist a 1jzt 320ci e21 with a w158 tranny. He said it runs and drives but hes really hard up for money so 5 k takes it.

18. I just bought a classic that I have been wanting. Its not super old but its over 25 years old. I'll snap a picture once its shipped here.