PLEASE HELPWeek 6-plants look pretty sick

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by growdiesel, Dec 2, 2014.

1. I'll bet dollars to donuts that your problem is the soil you are using.  Creating PH problems. Swap em out to Fox Farms Ocean Forest and Happy frog in a 2-1 mix and within a week you will be amazed..

Ran into the same thing on my first 2 grows, then on the third I removed all the soil from my plants and repotted them in the above and man oh man they took right off!!!! I had NO transplant shock at all, even tho I took as much of the old dirt off of them as I could...

Never tried on plants in flower like this, but being as positive as I am about the problem I would do it myself now but only taking about 1/2 the original dirt.  

2. Do you think any of what you see on my plants are signs of low humidity,and high heat.

Its been sitting around 84 degrees and 30%humidity for the passed week.

I assisted to intake n exhaust n it's now 75 n put my humidifier back I there n with the ventilation turned down I'm holding higher humidity around 43% and slowly rising.

3. Yeah...see how your leaves are curling in on themselves? Thats called "canoeing" and a likely culprit is heat stress....get that temp down....man, the best crop I ever grew was in a cold ass tent, dead of winter when the temps at night would drop down to 46 degrees f....youll be surprised to know that marijuana plants like it no higher than 73 to really be happy.....

4. The color of your plants tell me there is also another issue...probably to do with salt buildup which blows your ph which then causes your plant to cease uptake of nitrogen...flushing should be a last resort so try allowing your plant to get real dry BUT ONLY IF AND WHEN you get those temps DOWN. After thry are COOL AND VERY DRY, just give them a drink...of plain water.....no nutes till your plants start to pick up...youll know when, youll be able to see her heal

I could not agree with this more...

Your problems are related to over fertilization and possibly overwatering as well.

As has been suggested, let those pots dry up considerably before watering again.  To the point of wilting. And then water with only plain water for (awhile).  When the proper amount of oxygen is allowed to reenter the soil, you will see things change...

Bottled nute' companies only want to sell you their product (as BB has suggested), and as much of it as possible.  They don't care what cultivar you're growing, they just want to sell you their stuff.  Some strains can handle a lot of nute's.  The majority of them can't, nor do they need them. 

Always fertilize sparingly.  You can always add more if you feel the need due to REAL nutrient deficiency.  And with bottled nute's, change (for better or worse) will be realized in only a few short days.  If you have added too much, well, you know what happens...

Less is more.

6. They need to be BONE dry, OP. Don't go by the numbers of days since you last watered.  I weigh my plants in their pots when they are bone dry. Then I water. Then I wait until they return to the bone-dry weight.

7. They don't look good, but way better then before....

Attached Files:

8. You are correct.

Anyone can grow plants with nothing more than kelp and some molasses and worm castings.

Super cheap to source too.

And not full of salts like chemical nutes (or 60% water either :p)

Molasses can be used at anytime during the grow. It boosts the plants carbs (which increases vegetation and flower size), feeds both the fungi and bacteria in the soil, and is a great source of magnesium and other vitamins. :)

Lots of these products are snake oil aimed at lazy growers too afraid to learn the easy way to grow :)

Heard of soil where you add water only, beginning to end? Yep, organics.
    ~ poke

9. You an organic grower too.? There are a LOT less of us represented on the board here than I would have expected. It appears that the newbies arent considering the merits of an organic grow to start. Anyway, glad to meet ya. If the newbies only knew how fucking easy it is to go organic, how much the plants thrive and how good your weed smells and tastes. Well, I say organic " is easy" , all the hard work is done up front...like NOW, I'm starting on making my super soil right now and mixing it is a bitch but a labor of love...I was finally able to source some rock dust this season..? You starting your preps yet?

10. Ive had some cooking for months! Ill be ordering some rock dust soon, few links in my grow journal where its like 90cents a pound or 50lbs for 25 bucks, somethin like that.

Yeah man organics is easy and fun, i grow my own chickens, rabbits, worms, make my own castings, all the good fun stuff :)

I enjoy it, growing weed is a full time job for me :D

LOL!

Lay down the pipe, and open your eyes...

12. So, you disagree (rather disrespectfully too I might add) that most of the newbies joining our growing community are not starting out organic? I dont see any proof that they are..all I see are a lot of kids asking questions about nutes, bloom busters, chemical ferts, ph adjusters etc, etc....I would LOVE to see many more kids start out on organic grows..so much easier..both on the grower and the plant...and thats my perspective regardless of whether "my pipe" is up or down.

13. You must pick up the pipe to grow heady ganja!  :)

14. most new growers go right to the big colorful bottle sat the hydro store. organics can be overwhelming for a newb. for em=xample i tried the "super soil" last yer after being told it was super easy. what i wasnt told was that you need to let it cook for a while so you dont fry your plants.  or that pouring unpasturized milk on my plants would be good because of the bacteria in it. im sure it would be but im not smelling rotten milk all day haha. 

id advise you get a good grow book and read. im geting the TLO book for xmas so i can be ready for next spring

My bad, 'Boog'!  No disrespect intended.  :smoke:

You're absolutely right.  I'd say that next to zero new growers start out growing organically.  And it's truly a fookin' shame, but there are plenty of organic growers (myself included) posting here in the "Sick Plants and Problems" forum.  Part of the reason why I post/try to help here is because of troubles experienced by those that have gone the chemical route without knowing or understanding WTF they're doing.

Chemical growing is the easy way out.  Organic cultivation requires a basic understanding of soil chemistry, soil microbiology, and plant physiology.  "Youngsters" are generally unwilling to take the time to learn these things, even when the knowledge base is readily available to them in the "Organic Growing" forum.  Real science is a bitch and inconvenience when all you want is "big nugs"... 

Once again, my most humble apologies if you were offended.

Pipes UP!  :metal:

16. No worries my good man...

17. Seems that one, possibly two of the five might make it n produce decent bud.

Many things went wrong with this grow but learned allot for my next grow which I have already started.

Here's a pic of the buds on one of them.

Attached Files: