Space case kief question

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by K3V1N., Dec 1, 2014.

1. I just bought a space case 4 piece and have been doing the coin and shake trick and also freezing buds for a few mins before I grind and I've been getting some results but im not sure if this is too much plant matter. anybody own a space case and collect kief naturally? I think I would prefer having yellow colored kief than a bunch of finely ground bud in the catcher, but it takes forever just to get a tiny bit with over a quarter oz of good bud in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #2 Dr.Fumbles, Dec 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2014
    The space case screen is a good micron for catching quality kief. I would just leave the penny in there and let it fall naturally so you are not getting all that plant material. A quarter oz is not enough bud to get a noticable amount of kief unless its really good bud

3. Thanks
    should I shake the grinder in circular motion after grinding the bud?

Thanks
    should I shake the grinder in circular motion after grinding the bud?

4. I normally shake it a little but nothing crazy.

5. also keep the screen the clean. the less the screen is clogged with plant material and such, the more kief you can catch. the less you shake, the higher quality the crystals.

6. Don't add a quarter, penny or any kind of currency to your grinder. It's just breaking up the bud into small enough pieces to fall through the screen with some kief. If you want a lot of low quality kief go for it. Personally I think the coin trick is terrible advice. Just shake your grinder side to side for 5-10 seconds with no coin, not violently or anything just a good shake. It's moving the bud around so kief can fall through and not breaking it up into little pieces. The highest quality comes from doing nothing but just grinding but you'll be waiting eons for it to collect anything worthwhile.

7. Keep the screen chamber clean!

8. I am strange and kinda hate change. Its nasty and would never put a coin in my grinder.

9. Yeah this is what I noticed after using a coin, too much plant material.
    So I just scraped it clean, smoked it and will start over and try to be patient for some actual kief.

10. I place a penny in mine and softly shake a little after I grind up some bud.

11. i have a space case large size and it collects loads, would never put a coin in it though i want unbroken chromes to tweek me out

12. This is what I want, do u shake ur grinder at all after grinding? And how do u get ur bud out of the chamber? Scoop it? Or just unscrew and turn over?

13. Pinch the bud on the side of the grinder don't push it into the screen. It's not a big deal but if you push you can force some plant material to go through. With joints I almost always dump right into the paper but bowls I usually end up grinding more than I need so I just scoop it up from the side.

literally just grind as needed and remove herb with fingers

no scraping or anything all i do occasionally is give it a tap on the table.

if grinder gets lagged in chromes iso wash it and sit back and enjoy

15. Whoever said a 1/4 isn't enough for noticeable kief is trippin. My space case will have a good bottom layer of kief with no black showing after like 1/8 has been through it. I have about 15 gs of kief saved up since last 4/20

16. Are you using an agitator?

17. mainly just hard shaking and some banging on a hard surface. But if I put a dime in the bud chamber I just spin it around a bit. But I don't like robbing my weed of too much thc

18. Any agitator(the dime) will push unwanted material through the screen that would otherwise not make it through.

You can collect tons of golden kief by simply cleaning every part of your finder except the keif compartment every week or two depending on how often you use them

19. whoever said that 1/4 wont get you kief, probably has been buying bricks all his life. don't blame him

20. Take a quarter of the frostiest weed you can buy and put it all through a grinder with no shaking or coins or anything. Just grind it and smoke it. It doesn't give you very much dude maybe one or two bowl toppers. I'd rather have quality over quantity though. Shake away.