First Grow ~LED~ Chemdawg

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by LordSosa, Dec 1, 2014.

1. I'm going to turn the lights off for 36 hours :) then it's budding time!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. So I'm thinking of taking some clones, but I've never done it before so I'm nervous.... I'm thinking about getting clonex and some rockwool? Don't have space for the whole seedling/dome set up might just put them in solo cups with dirt to hold the rockwool. Any thoughts? Looking for an inexpensive easy way to do it.

3. Ello blades and bladettes

Bummed about not being able to throw a scrog in here, so the LST continues like crazy I want these bitches bushy. Here's some pics

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418702731.062828.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418702755.241224.jpg

4. I'm not hardly there yet but I did purchase the Olivia's cloning gel. They say you can't mess it up your first time and its guaranteed to work. If you don't have that in your area, as long as you have a good root stimulator and good soil it will be fine. As long as the transfer goes well you should be growing new plants in no time. Def try to do it now before they start to pre-flower.

I've read that a good flush is good before pre-flowering but haven't seen much of that on here so I guess its not that common. I was going to suggest the 36hours of darkness. Cool:)

Just Remember not to get air into the stem. Have all your supplies ready. And a nice, clean 45 degree cut. You'll do fine.

5. Hey guys made a trip to the hydro store on while on my lunch :) lol picked up clone stuff for tomorrow's cloning! The clonex clone kit Bc why not. The root riot 50 cubes with some. Think I got what I needed. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418781663.683827.jpg

6. Look at you. Great job! That kit looks awesome! You are about to have some serious clone power brother!

7. Fat leaves on those biotches.  I gotta single Chem 91 clone the other day.  I wonder if it is the LED that gives you such broad leaves... Mine aren't so fat.  SUBBED.

8. What is pre-flowering?

9. I am posting to expose the marketing BS that hooked you in

Keep in mind an UN-educated consumer is a charlatans best customer

I've been there too!

I clicked on the link you provided and this bit of BS caught my eye

"Our Advance Spectrum MAX 450 Watt 3w-Chip Modular LED grow panel the offers the same great plant growth of a 1000w HPS system at half the cost, and superior growth over the other LED's around!"

$795 is half the cost of 1000 HPS?

Hortilux makes one of the best

A Hortilux Dual Arc bulb is $260

http://eyehortilux.com/products/High-Pressure-Sodium#sblue

Hortilux Gold Ballas

http://eyehortilux.com/products/Ballast#gold = $399

Quality Hoods = ~$100-$200

Comparable 1000w set ups to the advertised led  < $400

Superior growth comment is so vague to be hilarious

STILL...

as you are experiencing, it will work well for Indicas, BUT, you will need to supplement with ~ 40% cw/ww (white light) during veg when growing sats

hth

hey man lol thanks for keeping such vigilance out on those damn corporations trying to swindle us for our dollar. But im more than positive that that statement you quoted is them referring to my electrical bill. :bongin:  seeing as im doing this grow at my parents house i couldn't just hook up a 1000w system and not have them notice the increase in electrical cost monthly. all im saying is that its not as hott as HID's doesn't give off that electrical buzz those ballasts and bulbs give off and my parents don't notice it on the electrical bill. I love my light its worked well for me since i pulled the bitch out the box, only issue i have with it is it has 6 small fans on the back constantly on with the unit and it never even heats up to need such ventilation so they should add a button to give you the option to runs those little fans, bc of this being a stealth grow noise and all that is priority. thats why my light sits in a monitor box to drown out the 6 little fans.

11. your plant depending on the strain and environment can pre flower during veg or during flowering. essentially its the plant showing its maturity (its sex). its more common when you flip your lights into flower but ive seen some do it even in the vegetative stage.

12. What you smoking on today fellow blades! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418836141.532737.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418836158.517057.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418836168.750990.jpg

13. Good morning girls! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418840041.077831.jpg

14. What's up guys updating on the cloning that took place today. Took 2 clones from each plant total of 18 clones in propagation tray with dome. Under a small t5 I had laying around on 18/6 hopefully they root in 10 days or so!!!

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418862867.253636.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418862894.121950.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418862934.291975.jpg

15. And you were nervous to clone??  Looks like you did a great job to me!! Checked out that kit online and love all the extras that came with it. Can't wait to see how it works. I was going to suggest the t5 but you are already on top of that:)  I'm not a fortune teller but I see big buds in your future!

16. Just a quick update with some pics!!!

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1419048970.975802.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1419048980.943931.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1419048992.761962.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1419049007.761991.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1419049018.832876.jpg

17. They are looking freaking awesome!!