Juicing questions

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by guesswhat, Nov 30, 2014.

1. I just bought a juicer to help me get more veggies into my diet. I still try to eat full vegetables so nothing is lost, but this seems so easy to help up my daily intake. I just don't know what to put in it past what I have.

I have Kale, Cucumber, Carrots, Celery, and Baby Spinach Leaves. What other things could I put in here to cover more basis of nutrients/do less of the same thing too often?

I tried putting a clementine or two in and that seemed to give it a nice side flavor. I may do the same with an apple, or other fruit occasionally. I want these mostly for veggies (plus I love eating whole fruit!).

2. Wheatgrass is supposed to be extremely healthy although idk how hard that is to come across. You could do cabbage, broccoli and dandelion greens. Also tomatoes are pretty healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. as far juices go, it's pretty hard to get anything out of a cup of spinach vs a cucumber ...
    carrots, apples, beets and any other fruit that is naturally juicy (tomato? .. or even something like celery which has some liquid) works much better than green leafy things. for that i'd recommend making smoothies.
    you can, of course, add spinach to your juices just expect to use a lot and get a little.