Problems with current legalization

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by XxplosiveDank, Nov 30, 2014.

1. So after watching videos about the legalization market in Canada, I was thinking that after cannabis is legalized in the U.S., consumers will no longer be able to pay the cheap price that the herb should really be sold for. In my eyes $10 grams are very overpriced for a weed that can be grown quite easily. In Canada the large commercial companies are all that is permitted, and therefore shut out the other competition due to the changing regulations. Some people have said that the black market will eliminate this overpricing, but then we really haven't made much progress from where we stood before legalization. Please share your ideas and perspective so that I might see differently, or share the information with others, so that we can achieve the real legalization, where we are free to grow and distribute as we please...

2. For the sole fact that you won't have a criminal record for using marijuana, legal is better. Period. Not to mention I would happily pay for $10 grams, around me in a non legal state it is $20 a g for dank. Also, in the US states where it is legal you can grow your own, so I would say the current system works quite well.

3. If there weren't so many limits and regulations on how much someone can posses and grow then people wouldn't even consider growing their own.

How many people do you know that grow their own tobacco?

4. 0, because people generally don't really care much about their tobacco plants and there isn't a huge level of quality difference between different tobacco strains... If it was legal, I would 100% grow on my own not just because it would be a fun hobby, but to be able to learn the process and grow your own dank weed would be really fulfilling, not to mention cheap to have a lot of your own cannabis.

I can bet I am not the only one. Regardless, my statement is Legal in any form is better then being arrested for possession. And if you don't agree to that, I don't really know what to tell you and we will have to agree to disagree.

5. Yea.. your just ignorant to the tobacco world. There are many types of different tobacco strains each with a different flavor. The way it's processed, dried, and cured also effect the flavor and potency. You think people are joking when they say they spend $50-100+ on a cigar? 

There is a huge difference between different types of tobacco in terms of quality lol. 

6. My hubby grew tobacco ONE year. (Yes, he still uses that filthy weed.) Tobacco seed is tiny, and tiny seeds are harder to grow (less food for the seedling, tiny vulnerable seedlings, etc). Cannabis seed is far larger and it is hardier as a seedling. Tobacco is a fussy, and very hungry plant to grow. Curing tobacco is MUCH more involved than curing cannabis.

Hubby came to the conclusion that growing your own tobacco was just not worth all the effort! (At least, not in the mountains of NorCal!)

Cannabis is a lot easier to grow, and far more enjoyable to use than tobacco! Now, maybe I am just more stubborn than the hubby when it comes to gardening, but after 15 years of growing my own cannabis, I see no reason to give up doing it! I produce cannabis indoors for about $20 an OUNCE. That is closer to a reasonable price! Who will want to pay today's prices for commercially produced cannabis if they are allowed to grow own at home for far less?

LET MY PEOPLE GROW!

Granny

7. #7 lessthanjeezy, Dec 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2014
    You're correct, I am not educated on the tobacco world because I have never had any interest in trying it as it really has no benefits. Thanks for the info Granny, that is a far better point then mine.

But again to Mid Man, my main argument is legal is better because you will not go to jail, and a lot of people would enjoy the cannabis growing process.