Glass blunts: new?

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by CoeusPrime, Nov 30, 2014.

1. I actually just had to explain what a glass blunt was to my dad, brother, and sister on Thanksgiving.  I had one like 5+ years ago.  Once you learn how to pack em and smoke em right they are awesome. They burn great with no harsh blunt wrap.

2. Yep that was the hardest part for me; having never seen one before, working out the best way to pack (how big, how tight, etc); learning to hit it properly took almost no time although that is the main way new people mess up with it...all I know is since getting mine I have rolled vew few joints or blunts...query for SlightlyStoned: where they called "glass blunts" five years ago or were they under a different name?

Yes they were called glass blunts, but like you said, nobody really knew about them. I saw it randomly at a head shop and picked it up. To this day I haven't met another person that owned one. Must not be very common.

Also, It may have been closer to 7 or 8 years ago now that I think about it.

4. Where did you live in Europe?

Quality in the UK still isn't very good, unless things have changed in the few years since I left. That's why there's such an issue with kids and certain drugs that we're not allowed to mention here. The quality leaves plenty to be desired, and dealers are notorious for being underweight. Personally, I never understood why the herb is so rubbish in England, with Amsterdam so nearby.

Contrasted with Oz, where the laws are far more lax but the scene is so low key. The green is good, but you'll never see anything as fancy as a strain name.

I wish hash were easier to come by. My personal preference, but I only ever get a taste when I'm in Bali. One more reason to hit the road, I suppose. :smoke:

5. I lived in West Berlin (when it was still West Berlin) in the early 80's so in addition to dealing with general drug laws of the time, there was this stinkin wall built around the city making getting stuff from outside difficult. Hash was the only game in town; herb you might see some dust or shake maybe once a year. Hash was everywhere and dirt-cheap...and frankly twice as potent as herb on fewer hits. This period taught me to love hash more than herb and now this is why I am growing so I have enough material to make my own hash.

You say stuff is laid-back in Oz; how about growing? do you have the same medical mmj laws like we have here (can grow up to X number of adult plants for personal use)?

6. Righteous. What a time to be in Berlin. Forgive me for derailing your thread, but what took you to Europe?

Pot laws vary by state here, with most states fully illegal. No medical anywhere, and I'm not sure there will be any time soon. Where I am, it's decriminalized up to 50g of herb, 1 gram of oil, or 2 plants.

The guy I buy from has quite the garden, so to speak, and has never been bothered for it. The perks of the Outback. They can't catch you if they can't find you.

7. Good point on the Outback; not quite the same but the laws in Nevada are the usual medical mmj type laws, totally messed up and confusing. You see, I can legally own 28 grams of pot BUT all dispensaries are allowed to sell me 56 grams...everyday. I can grow up to 12 plants for personal use....all of that said, the Nevada desert is alot like the Outback in that they can't catch you if they can't find you and the desert is a big-assed place ^__^.

Digression: oh I loved Berlin in that time period. Scary and cool, new and old at the same time. I was sent there as a soldier but spent most of my time as a civilian ....so many cool things about that place and time I could share but that would totally send this thread off the rails...

8. Man, despite its drawbacks, you gotta love life in the desert. If only for the space to yourself.

I won't derail your thread any further, but you certainly strike me as a man with plenty of tales to tell, so I'll keep an eye out for a chance to hear some in the future. Good stories are my favorite currency to trade in. Cheers, mate. :smoke:

9. best_stories.jpg

10. Sorry for the pic cross-post but this made sense here; my new glass blunt from a new shop here in Vegas. Who knew being sent to the post office would work out so well....12 bones and it was all mine...FWIW, Deadhead OG in the pic...

new_glassblunt_dh_og.jpg_lb.png glass_dh_og.jpg_lb.png

11. There just crack pipes for weed lol

12. I need me 1 of those 😆

13. I would describe them more as shot-glasses for weed but YMMV...

14. It's bad comparison but if you know what crackheads smoke from its the same thing.
    They use glass tubes to stuff with crack rocks just like that

15. Hmm never did crack before (although there was this one female MP once that wanted to make some with me but that is another story) but is a pipe like this what you are talking about? I picked this up here for testing some BHO I was working on and someone said *that* looked like a crack pipe too...

oilpipe.jpg_lb.png

16. Well I don't think crack head get so fancy haha.
    In the corner stores they used to sell tiny fake roses in glass tubes and crack heads would take out the roses and just use the glass tubes as crack pipes. Once the store owners found out what they were used for.... They bought more to sell haha.

17. Hi! Just to twist shit around even more, here is a pipe/bongish twist on this (just got this one in the mail today!)...

newbluebeastie.jpg_lb.png

18. New hand-blown glass blunt from Austins Happy Hollow Glass; they have really nice stuff, all one of a kind...
    gfog_amberglass.jpg_lb.png

19. rare? new? the hell?  I didn't read any other posts besides original post...

one of the first pipes i remember seeing at a young age was a glass blunt.. my cousin used to smoke out of it.

saw them plenty in my teen years, bought one myself 8 years ago for $20 at my LHS at the time.

I guess I was under the impression everyone always knew about them.

20. I only asked about new or rare because it seemed so many people I know in meatspace have no clue wtf they are or how to use them and these are people in the business of selling pot!