Glass blunts: new?

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by CoeusPrime, Nov 30, 2014.

1. A bong is basically a steamroller with water. Would I be wrong for saying that too? I've used glass blunts I was just saying it's basically like a chillum. You took what I said out of context.

2. Well then by that logic, would not a bong just be a pipe with water? For that matter, what about bongs and bubblers? The thing is, if what you want and need is (for example) a chillum, yes there are probably at least 10 things that could be used as one, but none will work as *well* as a chillum for that purposed. By the same token you can *use* a glass blunt like a one-hitter and you can *use* one as a pipe, etc but that only makes it flexible. For its purpose, I really cannot see anything taking its place. This sounds like just so much semantics until its time to say find very specific models on the Internet; if when you search for glass blunts at popular online head shops and they return hits to chillums and bongs, in no way is "close enough" going to work here...

3. #23 Grendelking, Nov 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
    :p

Attached Files:

4. Fine. Next time I pack a gram of the best OG I have along with a gram of kief with sprinklings of hash (the perfect parfait) I want to see you come over and do this whole thing in one single hit. This could either end up being entertaining or a trip to the ER...or both.

5. #25 Grendelking, Nov 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
    I believe that you have mistaken the meaning of my last post. It was some good natured ribbing aimed at pokesmot247. Let me explain. You started a thread about glass blunts. He posts a previous thread about his new one hitter with green liquid. We both try to inform him that his new one hitter is NOT a glass blunt. He insists that his one hitter is a glass blunt (I don't know if he was feigning ignorance or trolling or what ?).
       Anyway, my Hulk picture was <span>pokesmot247 asking the Hulk if he liked his green liquid "glass blunt" and the Hulk corrects him. I thought it was pretty much self-explanatory but, I guess not. Friends ? </span>

6. Sorry Herr Grendel; in fact I was laughing my own ass off when reading/typing because I was trying to picture someone (anyone) hitting the whole glass blunt in one throw considering the kitchen-sink-like approach I take to packing these things....I got laughing and dropped off my own smileys et al. The early hour and the wake n bake didn't help my typing acuity much either ^__^.

I did think the Hulk thing was funny, particularly considering what I was having for breakfast when posting...

bruce_glassbowl.jpg_lb.png

7. Well, I've certainly learned a lot in this thread. To me, a pipe is a pipe is a pipe. One hitter, chillum, bubbler, steamroller, glass blunt... I wonder if it's all an American phenomenon or if I'm just ignorant and blind to my local scenes. I think I'll stick to my rollies.

8. That is a good question: I have no idea if glass blunts are an American thing or not. I DO know that potheads from around the world have spent fortunes collecting glass toking toys regardless of religious or political views, not to mention geographical locale... :smoke:

9. So far we agree lol. This ACTUALLY happened haha
    when did this part happen? Because it was in fact me and IF who tried to inform op that HIS glass blunt was in fact a one hitter. I think youre really very high or trolling :lol:

Because the rest of your post didnt happen at all.

Lets clarify shall we?
    I never called it a glass blunt even once. I called it a one hitter

Then posted glass blunt with a question mark as if to ask, what the fuck is a glass blunt? Who even says that?

Then i posted a link to....my one hitter (as if to tell op, look its the same!!!!)

Then i said that when i first got my one hitter, i incorrectly called it a glass cigar and then explained the hilarity that ensued as each person tried to identify what it in fact was.

OP your attitude after my last post made me lol. Chill out dude. If you were referring to the stem of my bud i dont smoke stems, and i dont refer to any part of my one hitter as the stem. I guess you "could" say its a stem and a bowl, but this thread is quickly devolving into some very stupid shit so forgive me if i dont come back again :smoke:

Lets have a fight over what you call something. We were just trying to correct you so you didnt sound as ignorant brother.

This is what happens sometimes when you try to have a conversation with super high people.

~ poke

P.s. seems reading comprehension escaped this thread. But i aint mad acha

I still loled at the hulk pic!

10. Yeah man one hitters are awesome! I've owned and used several myself.

11. Poke dont you know better by now? :poke:

Yes you do!!! :smoke:

[​IMG]

12. Actually the stem was a joke after a fashion; I was referring to the glass plunger that goes inside of the glass blunt, not stems like in seeds and stuff ^__^

Here is the glass blunt I just bought myself for the holidays with stem removed:

Glass-Blunts-Handmade-in-Texas-28-400x400.jpg

Not a great shot of the stem but the point is, none of the other things the glass blunt has been accused of being in this thread needs or could even use there whereas for the glass blunt, it is pretty essential to operation. This and the part of plays in the smoking process makes this a unique enough item to be its own category or whatever.

But thats not the problem. The original question was: are these a new thing and saying they are vaguely similar to other things that have been around a long time is like saying cars have been around a long time based on the fact that wheeled vehicles have been around a very long time. Not a convincing enough argument.

I personally have no real standing in this. I love my glass blunt yes but as for the ultimate outcome of the original question, I just want to know the answer to why everyone (in my circle of friends) claim to know all about this thing but few if any can even operate it. It could be a classic case of bullshit but I am seeing this from random (delivery) people I pull in off the street too..

All I ask is if you make a case, make a real case please!

And I do appreciate all of the input here because it does seem to be an almost impossible thing to find, even here on GC. Yet that is the name GC puts on the product they sent to me and that is also the name (and URL) of an unrelated artisans site who specializes in glass blunts...
    http://buyglassblunts.com/

So I am pretty sure the term is real and correct which only leaves us with the definition of what it is; otherwise how can you say how long its been around?

:confused:

13. Where I'm from those are used for smoking crack

14. See this is what I was talking about: everyone thinks they have seen this or know but how on earth could you possible smoke crack with such a device? Consider if you will....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gpN3NIBnrM

15. Not from that one man from the stem

16. #36 Deleted member 629842, Dec 1, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
    Bought one of those at a headshop like 2 years ago. Pretty sure they were calling a glass joint. 
    It was pretty cool, but it met a cruel end too soon. 
    Friend's dog knocked it over onto cement. 

17. Wow those things look awesome I want to try one. No, they are not that popular, but they should be.  Do they stay lit all the way through?

18. Depends on how you pack them and what you pack them with. Sometimes it takes a fresh light on every hit (but the hits are strong to the point where it sits for a minute when I am the only one doing it), sometimes if you mix it right you can keep it lit to the end. For some real fun pack some hash and kief into the pot when you pack it...whooboy.

19. After doing my due diligence and digging deeper into the history of different types of pipes, I see how ignorant I've been. Interesting stuff.

But I maintain that the scene in general just isn't as big outside of America. Certainly not in the UK (though it's getting bigger), and definitely not here in Oz. Weed smoking in Australia is as no-frills as everything else, bless 'em. :smoke:

20. Not really speaking for pipes and other gear specifically I would say that each culture just gets good with what they have...I have never been down under but have lived in Eurpope where pot is actually scarce (or was in the 80's) but hash was everywhere so people got good with doing hash in 101 different ways; when we got any actual herb it was some little tiny matchbox of powder almost so there really wasn't much you could do with it other than stick it in a cigarette or something...I was glad when I moved back to the states and got some proper herb...