Glass blunts: new?

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by CoeusPrime, Nov 30, 2014.

1. #1 CoeusPrime, Nov 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
    Happy-Hollow-Glass-Blunt-Mini-Bed-and-Breakfast-Set-3-400x40.jpg
    http://buyglassblunts.com/product/bed-breakfast-contrasting-mini-glass-blunt-set-reduction-frit-detail-clear-black/
    Here are a couple of glass blunts I just stuffed my own stocking with and was kind of surprised that no one I knew had ever heard of glass blunts before....when they come over and I hand over my Grav Labs glass blunt I got here on GC, people invariably have no clue wtf to do with it....is it just me having a weird (to them) smoking device or do I need better friends? These are folks who almost always know more about the newest gear; was almost just a joint man until I got mine and now I have a hard time smoking joints anymore...

cherrygrav.png

gravdp.png

So is it them or is it me? Are glass blunts that rare?

2. So....they're calling them "glass blunts" now?

Probably trying to play on the popularity of blunts with the young'uns...

I've always known them to be a type of one hitters...yup, they hold a lot more than a hit, so the name isn't really correct, but that's what they called 'em...take a hit, then push out the ash for a clean hit every time...

I've had various ones throughout the years...my current one is pretty new, it's only about 5 years old...holds close to a gram...

3. Well, thats what Grass City called it when I shopped-by-picture ^__^ a while back...I just looked at it, went "yep" and loved it every minute since...

4. I used to have one. I liked it.. only used it during special occasions though. 

5. #6 IgnorantFool, Nov 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014

Yup...they're handy pieces... :cool:

6. Also a glass blunt is not the same as a chillum. With the glass blunt there is a handle you push up so you can ash it after every few hits. It also allows you to adjust how big of a bowl you want to pack. 

7. Whats funny is the first time i saw one i actually said, whoa a glass cigar and someone goes, no its a blunt and someone else said its a chillum you idiots, its a one hitter LOL

I dont care what its called if it functions, know what im sayin?

8. Oh and  fuckin-A does it function. I have one bong, one hashpipe, one steam-roller, etc. IOW: one. And a collection of these...sometimes I like the subtle stuff... amber_squigglegb.jpg amber_squigglegbmacro.jpg

9. Right on dude, the link i posted had the one my wife bought me, its got liquid inside

10. I've been meaning to get this one. It's NOT a one hitter. :)

Attached Files:

11. A glass blunt is just a big chillum really. I had a grav labs steamroller that doubled as a glass blunt. They're cool but I'd rather use a pipe or bong personally. I did have a metal bat that held almost a gram in it. That thing hit exactly like a blunt does.

12. I will look again but I just don't see how you would get liquid inside this this...and that would actually wreck something I love about it: the simplicity of design and function with only the barest of consumables. The best part for me though is because its super-easy to keep clean, I tend to use it when taste-testing new tasty flavors like Cherry Pie. The hits are about the cleanest I have had...

gravlabs.png_lb.png

13. Uhm sorry but no, the glass blunt (item pictured above) is not a big chillum; a chillum has no moving parts and for a reason; the glass blunt NEEDS moving parts for an equally important reason. To put it another way: a glass blunt can be used as a chillum no more makes it one than the bong stems they sell on this very site, labeled as "glass chillum", suspiciously engineered to standard bong specs. For me, it serves the purpose of the pipe, not the steam-roller (smoking for effect) or bong (ditto). Thats why we all need big gear storage areas, right guys? ^__^

bowl-piece-collection.jpg

14. Doesnt effect function, just looks cool, i call it hulk blood lol

Borrowed my post from my thread
    Hey, wife went and got me this piece over the weekend. I like that its like hitting a cigar, since i just quit the habit, feels comfortable. Reminds me of hulk blood. I imagine I smoke enough weed that my blood probably looks like that too.
    [​IMG]
    I thought that white part was a messup, but its where they sealed the liquid in

[​IMG]
    Pipe was 12 bucks

Shoved a fat mini nug in there
    [​IMG]

And another and another, before i knew it, it was the next day :smoking:

And here we are! :smoke:

15. Is there room in

Is there room inside that for the stem?

16. I said basically not exactly

17. What stem lol?

18. The responses to this thread kinda prove what I was trying to see: there is a lot of misunderstanding out there about what are being called "glass blunts" and everyone in this thread faithfully re-enacted the blind men describing the elephant parable...Everyone was right but most were wrong as shit ^__^.

Myself included. The same friends or pros who claimed to know what a glass blunt was always looked like 2 day old sheep trying to walk with it, spilling shit everywhere, sucking stuff into their mouths or worst of all, ejecting the flaming cherry onto the carpet. Oh yes, thanks for letting me know you didn't have a clue...