First timer, 3 site recirculating DWC with awesome results Pics included

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by ChronJonDoe, Nov 29, 2014.

1.      So i'm having a small issue with some lower fan leaves developing random necrotic patches. They are no longer receiving much light and are the closest to my room circulation fan, so my guess is that its a combination of windburn/ low light that is killing the leaves. If anyone has experienced this before let me know. I haven't found anything definitive in the symptom checker. 

Attached Files:

• 17.jpg
      17.jpg
      File size:
      217.9 KB
      Views:
    • 18.jpg
      18.jpg
      File size:
      202.6 KB
      Views:
    • 19.jpg
      19.jpg
      File size:
      207.8 KB
      Views:
    • 20.jpg
      20.jpg
      File size:
      193.5 KB
      Views:
    • 21.jpg
      21.jpg
      File size:
      258.3 KB
      Views:
    • 22.jpg
      22.jpg
      File size:
      249.4 KB
      Views:
    Yes jump in and go for it, its not rocket science. the plants do all the work all you have to do is provide the environment.

Yes it happens when the plants get bigger, I let them ride till they annoy me then just yank them off the plant.
    Wind burn from flopping around 24/7 does make some of the leaves ratty looking.

Problem fixed... :D

If you are a quick learner and have put in the research I see no reason you couldn't go hydro from the start. It is a lot less forgiving than soil, if a pump fails or a meter is not calibrated you can nuke the plants very quickly.

You will want to invest in a quality PH meter and some calibration solution, i would recommend a PPM meter as well. Also i run an RO filter because tap water in not ideal for hydro. All the equipment can add up quick, so if you are on a budget i wouldn't suggest it. 

Check out Rumple's Bubble Bucket tutorial if you need inspiration.

Figured it was nothing serious, thanks for the assurance Snoop!

Most nutrient brands will work equally well, and a lot of companies have online grow calculators that tell you exactly how much to use and when. I've been using Dutch Masters Gold with great results, other than that i use silica occasionally and of course my beneficial bacteria tea. I wouldn't use anything too expensive for nutrients, a lot of it is gimmicks.

LEDs can be great for plants but you can't easily compare them to HID lights. Cheap LEDs can be low efficiency and ineffective while the more expensive ones may compare to HPS and MH but at around 3-4X the cost. My opinion is that we should wait a couple more years. I read earlier that LEDs can be expected to double in efficiency while cutting production cost in half every two years. Cree recently broke the 300 lumen per watt barrier, most current production LEDs are around 80-100.

This same thing happened to mine, lower leaves not getting much light but being hit by the oscillating fan constantly. I was very worried at first but my new growth at the top continued to flourish and look healthy.

8. Looking nice a good set up u got going plants are looking lush
    Looks like wind burn but watch its no the start of a calcium deff with the rust spots appearing

9.      Time for an update ladies and gents. Everything is coming along quite nicely and there are just a couple weeks left before harvest. The buds have really filled out in the last few weeks and the trichomes are just nuts!
         When do you guys think i should stop using nutes? A week before i cut? Let me know what ya think! Sorry bout the shit quality.

Attached Files:

10. Last week of flower I run dutch masters add .27 and water ph'd to 5.5, directions say run .27 till harvest but last 2 days I run just ph'd water for "final flush". I know people say you can flush a day or two and call it good but I always prefer to give her that week of leaching nutrients from her. Hope this helps happy smoking

G