HELP CERAMIC NAIL

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by flowerchild, Nov 29, 2014.

1. I've been wanting to get my own dab set up for a while so today I impulsively bought a ceramic nail for my bong, and a torch. I have tried about 6 times to get this shit to work. I'm heating it for two minutes w the torch then holding a glob of oil on it and the oil melts and I get NO SMOKE? I'm seriously about to cry over this. I just wanna do a dab :( help! What am I doing wrong?

2. Im not the best with oil rigs but u may need a dome.

Think before you do!

3. Let your nail cool off for about 15 seconds before placing your dab.  Experiment, it may take longer.  I know it seems crazy, but the nail has to cool a bit from being red hot.

4. I figured it out! I had to heat the inside of the nail not the outside like a titanium nail. Also had to heat it muuuch longer. I am friiiiied :)

5. You're not the sharpest tool in the shed are you

6. Word. I bought a ceramic nail as I wanted something new. It took me forever to get that shit ready to dab off of. I stopped using it cause I literally have to use 3-4 times the tane to get it hot enough. I pulled the trigger during the blackfriday sale and finally got the Infinity nail. I will never need to buy a new nail again. Just replacement heads every few months.

How is the flavor on the ceramic? Mine always tasted burnt. I might have fried my terps but its hard to tell when ceramic is ready.

7. The flavor from ceramics at the right temps(on HIVE nails at least) tastes amazing! However, I feel like burnt dabs are so much worse off ceramic than Ti or even quartz though, it made my throat all scratchy as if I'd just smoked a fat joint or something, no bueno lol

Ceramic e-nail is where its at though, you really do have to use more tane to heat it cause you cant heat it up as fast as you want like Ti, you have to treat it like a glass nail.

8. My dick always feels big ;)

9. The flavor is great.

I just wasn't getting the nail hot enough. I borrowed a friends torch and it worked great. Unfortunately have not been able to find any dabs since. :(

10. sorry couldn't find a thread,

anyone notice excessively long shipping times and lack of customer service from hive?