First grow, two days in, already in trouble. Please help :)

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by splat41, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Here is an older picture of my better cola

Attached Files:

2. Funny you mention putting the shorter one up higher. I had a smallish paint can under her but it wasn't high enough. So last night I put a full sized one there. Got her almost even with the other two. Gave them a higher dose of bloom nutes last night. About 2/3 of a full dose. Hope I don't burn them. But I'm happy with them so far.

3. Lol on bubbles. He made the show for me. I got at least 4 weeks to go. But I will be asking the "when do I cut" question then for sure. Thanks for checking my thread out.

4. Day 24 of flower. They seem to be taking the nutes ok. I took them to 2/3 full strength. I'm afraid of burning them this far in. Around 4 weeks to go. Keep your fingers crossed for me. Lol

Attached Files:

5. I added two more 40 watt, 200 eqlv bulbs tonight. Figured it could not hurt to have some more as long as I can keep my Temps down.

6. Day 27 flower pic update.

Attached Files:

7. What causes lower leaves to turn yellow? I'm about 30 days into flower. Feeding botanicare nutes at about 2/3 recommended dose. Is this from lack of nutes?

Attached Files:

8. Where are my experts?

9. Its normal for the lower leaves to yellow off right around now. I dont think its entirely from a lack of nutes. lack of light at the lower level of the plant(under the canopy) makes the leaves die off. this has been the norm for me so far. On my next grow I want to run bigger pots, like 3 or 5 gallons to try and help things out. I have burned all my plants in some form by adding nutes. So I would like to avoid having to add more, personally.

All in all, dont worry much about the lower leaves dying off. Your plant will still do it thing. Just leave them there til they fall off on their own. To try and fix this the next time around I would suggest some more intense lighting and a somewhat larger pot. Thats what I will be trying. 

10. The first plant is at 68 days and it started dropping leaves after its first month of life. It has lost at least half at this point.
    Second pic has a lush green top but lots of yellow where the light cant get. 

Attached Files:

11. Day 36 flower pic update. uploadfromtaptalk1423721390812.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1423721403689.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1423721415089.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1423721424855.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1423721439808.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1423721455224.jpg

12. Dang those are nice lol have you looked into LST at all I'm thinking about using it for my next grow. It is too late for you though nice colas

13. I might next time. This is my first grow. Kinda wanted to keep it simple. I got a lot of ideas for next time including a new cab. Thanks for checking in.

14. #136 splat41, Feb 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2015
  15. looks deficient

plant shouldn't be pulling nutes from the leaves just yet, still got a ways to go

hit it with a good dose of nutes, after double checking ph

16. I know I will get flamed. I don't have a pH meter. Kinda flying by the seat of my pants. With well water. Don't know anything about pH.

17. #140 TheAnswer121, Feb 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2015
    looks like a standard Nitrogen Deficiency to me, from just a glance

i see you fed it recently, next time hit it with a bit more of the N nute, generally the GROW portion of a nutrient system

soil is pretty good at buffering ph, it will fluctuate. if it was a ph issue, you'd likely have other issues to too ;)