First grow, two days in, already in trouble. Please help :)

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by splat41, Nov 29, 2014.

1. They'll live, I transplanted two gnarled girls like that and it worked out -- my problem was I transplanted into another soil that was just as bad.

All my soil experiences have driven me to do a dwc bubble bucket next time around.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. dwc has lots of potenial for problems also ;-)

3. new pictures.... 

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      337.7 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      571.9 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      313.4 KB
      Views:
  4. aint that interesting

5. Lol. Ya it's wild

6. Ok guys...  So my new plant is getting burnt tips on the leaves...  She is in an organic plain jane potting soil....  I have not given her any nutes.  Soil was very dry when I checked on her today, so I gave her a little water.  Im so worried about overwatering.  Could lack of water cause this?  In the picture, she is sitting on a box of screws.  I thought that would be ok for distance of the lights.  Cabinet was around 75 degrees.  The other two plants that I transplanted seem to be taking off quite nicely.  They got transplanted into vermifire...  Give me some advice about my new one in the solo cup please.  Thanks.

Attached Files:

• cab.jpg
      cab.jpg
      File size:
      237.2 KB
      Views:
    • 1-5.jpg
      1-5.jpg
      File size:
      508.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2-5.jpg
      2-5.jpg
      File size:
      629 KB
      Views:
    • 3-5.jpg
      3-5.jpg
      File size:
      297.9 KB
      Views:
  7. #47 Ryan0o, Dec 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2014
    Well, could still be the soil.  The first "organic" soil I grew with burnt the shit outta my plants. U should be adding perlite too. 
    Forgot to add... your distance from the lights of the solo cup is fine.

8. perlite is your friend! there's almost none! that seedling with the burnt yellow tips, is def from being planted in too strong soil, i made that mistake my first outtdoor grow!

9. IMO, i would start with a more inert aeration mix for seedling. I just did a mix of grass roots, perlite, and I believe there is sphagnum moss and coco. I will use more perlite at the bottom for better drainage. I mix it 2 to 1. That is aeration mix to grass roots mix. This got me off to a great start and then I was able to easily transplant in a more nutrient sufficient soil. FFOF is good for sure. I then make sure my transplant pots have good drainage towards the bottom. You can use more perlite heavy mix or rocks. I switch my ratio around. 2 parts FFOF to one part aeration mix. This is just my process that is working well. You can always add amendments to your soil.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. buy happy frog and call it a day.

11. 2 parts soil, 1 part perlite mix?

Will this plant recover?  Or should I do something else with her?

12. Ive brought back plants from worse. I do 2 parts soil to 1 part perlite. Hang in there.

13. So should I FLOOD her with some water, and let a bunch drain out the bottom and try to get some nutes out of the soil????  Or transplant her, or just let her ride it out???

My two other girls are really waking up since I transplanted them into new soil  They are looking really good...

14. generally the less you do with a plant the better all this transplanting and shit is stressing it out, just let it be, i guess, if the new growth is green it might be past the burnt stage and you're fine :p

15.  Ok, I will let her ride it out :)  Thanks for the advice...

16. My girls are doing ok. Here's a,couple of new pics.

17. Here are the pics

Attached Files:

18. The forth pic. Isn't she weird looking. I think she turned mutant from what I put her through. Lol

19. see how the early leaves got mad burnt plant prob got stunted didnt grow much for awhile and might pick up again now the new growth looks healthy you might be good to go now! the fourth plant looks like lettuce or something aha  its growing like a pot plant not a lettuce plant but still thats funny shit you got a retard baby!

is the two solo cups just to get closer to light? or is that a ghetto pot? lol

some seeds are born retarded.... just like people or animals ;-)

20. Lol ya lettuce weed. That's what she looks like. I will love her just the same. Even thought she is "different". And yes on the solo cups. The bottom one is full of dirt from a dead plant. So she is sitting on a dead sister to get closer to the light until she gets transplanted.