First grow, two days in, already in trouble. Please help :)

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by splat41, Nov 29, 2014.

1. How soon do you think til I can transplant the first two?  I know this jiffy stuff is crap, and want to get them into better soil.  But I don't see any roots coming out the drain holes yet. 

2. Should I cut off burnt parts of leaves? Or just leave them be for a while?

3. Not getting much interest in this thread....Im just curious if you think I should transplant into better soil.  I cant see any roots out the drain holes yet, but I think if I get them into some better soil they would take off.  That jiffy stuff is crap.  My other plant, the newest one is doing great...  I did that one a week later than the other two, and its very healthy looking...  Its in a new organic soil I bought....

4. You can transplant once your soil dries up pretty good. That way it comes out of the cup in one big chunk. Leave the burnt tips alone and let those little guys rebound on their own.

5. Thanks for the reply.  I will transplant soon.  got any tips?  My new girl is looking really good.  Here are some pics.  I eased up on the water on all of them, I think its helping.  my new girl has different soil and I think she likes it...  she is only 4 or 5 days old...

Attached Files:

6. Yeah man, your new one looks good. Ill let you be the judge on your soil, but it looks dry enough to transplant since the soil has shrunk away from the cup. You might want to pick up a bag of perlite and add it to your new soil for transplant. Thats all i can think of right now

7. Thanks ryan. I have to do something for the first two girls. They seem stunted to me. That seed starter mix sucks. I want to get them into something good. They look stunted to you?

8. This really is all the advice you need. I can't tell you how many plants I'v killed by trying to give them too much love.

9. Thank you scars. This is my first. You always remember your first. I'm trying not to bother them. That's why I used that shit jiffy mix. I didn't want to burn my girls. I read stories about guys using miracle grow and destroying their girls. So I thought I would use that jiffy mix for a while then transplant them. Big mistake my girl in the or grant Ganic sort of that I bought. Is doing great. Thanks for the advice

10. What size container you moving them to?

11. I don't know yet. Maybe a gallon? What's your thoughts?

12. As big as you can go within your space. If its a gallon then thats fine. This is in a 1 gallon.

Attached Files:

13. Not hating the looks of that

14. #34 Scars, Dec 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2014
    Honestly, at the end of the day it is just a plant. Give it some halfway decent soil (you can grow really good weed with MG contrary to popular belief), food, water and a little bit of love and she will reward you in the end.

15. im late as hell to the party but jiffy mix mutated my babies too

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. Thanks for the reply daren. That's what I'm getting from other people too. That the jiffy starter is total junk. You think they will pull through once I transplant?

17. Im sure they will look better after transplant. They are surviving now and should begin thriving in the new soil

18.  i wonder if my biggest problem is over feeding then :D

19. DO NOT BUY JIFFY SEED STARTER MIX.  Im posting a pic below.  stay away...
    Ok, so I transplanted my two stunted girls tonight...  Long story short, it did not go well.  I had let the soil dry out a little because I had heard it would be easier to transplant.  Well that Jiffy stuff SUCKS.  Once I got them out of the cup that shit started breaking up in my hands, hardly any root system...  It was just a screwed up night.  I put them in the new organic soil.  Someone suggested adding some perlite(thanks for the tip) so I did buy some.  But my soil already had a ton in it...  While trying to get them into the new hole, that jiffy shit was falling apart in my hands.  I give them about a 20 percent chance of survival :(  I gave them a light watering, and I will leave them alone for a while now.....
    My new girl is looking GREAT.  so much better.  But she is in some better organic potting soil....  I didn't take any pics, but wish me luck.  Im hoping they take off now that they got some better soil to live in, but my hopes are not high...

Attached Files:

20. Hmmm. Ill bet they live. It might take them a few days, but I would lean more towards them living.