yellowing leaves 6 weeks flowering

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by gotta smokem all, Nov 27, 2014.

1. pics, this may be normal for your plant. tell us what you are growing, what type of seed became your yellar weed!

2. Agree to an extent.

The problem he's asking about though is dead leaves...more and more dying. That happens, there's no way for photosynthesis TO happen...no surfaces (or not enough) to gather light to drive the process.

Even if it's lockout, the sugar should give you some "wiggle room" before the plant keels over.

If it is lockout, cutting back on nutes, giving a touch of sugar isn't harmful.

Stretching the time the plant has while figuring out what actually needs to be fixed is a good thing.

If it's too late, and you're already committed to flower, without enough time to accomplish recovery, it may be the difference between "no usable yield" and "at least I got SOME smoke".

Hence advising him to use it.

It was not advised as a "this will fix it", it was advised as a "this will keep it alive longer, and provide energy it can't provide itself, for whatever reason".

I will say though...you're 100% on the "too much sugar can cause it to stop using photosynthesis to make its own sugar" which can kill leaves, and eventually the plant...which is why I suggested such a low level solution. 2 tablespoons is one fluid ounce, 8 fluid ounces to the cup, 2 cups to the pint, 2 pints to the quart, 4 quarts to the gallon...you're giving it 1 part sugar to every 512 parts water at that balance. You can, of course, alter that to a teaspoon, and it becomes 1 part to 1536 in ratio.

But if you look at my pics, you'll notice all leaves are a nice deep green....and I described my watering/feeding practices.

3. i didnt add sugar...so i wont?
    upload when sun comes out!

4. I have seen this guy on 4 threads now giving shit advice....cmon man!
    Stop confusing beginners and giving them crappy info.....your just will make it worse with this advice.

Chef.

5. is it all bad advice he is giving?
    why would you take the time to that? i have seen 10 line long posts from you...indie kah....you just go around chatting shit?

some pics anyways
    most leaves have turned yellow...

6. Negative...it's being called "bad advice" because it's not how they do it. I post why what I do works, and what concerns have to be faced in the various areas. You saw my plants...they look unhealthy to you, or do they look one hell of a lot more robust than is usual for an indoor grow of plants taken from outdoor mothers at a month in (2 weeks in cloner, two weeks in soil)?

I have NEVER failed to get similar results since my "can I do it" plant, though my yields haven't been top notch BECAUSE of the fact I use the plants I do and, until this grow, have had to keep the size down while wanting to give them "proper growing time". They've still been respectable in scale, even then.

My conditions will be different than yours (or anyone else's), as I repeatedly say. So I post what the equipment delivers, the maths and sciences behind it, and what its shortcomings or advantages compared to other systems are. So that others can best figure out how to handle conditions THEY face.

7. I'd listen to chef before this dude 110%

8. #28 Indie-Kah, Nov 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2014
    Need links to simple versions of "why" things work as I described, which are why I use my methods with success?
    I already posted the pics proving they DO work well.

2 weeks in soil from cloner, the smallest of them was 10 inches above soil from being no more than a 2 node clone, planted so it was in soil right to the first node And already bushed out to where they cross the edges of a 12 inch diameter bucket.. 11 days in, soil, single node clones taken from the taller originals had grown 3-4 inches...that's from having 2 fan leaves at soil level, and under half an inch of new growth above it, instead of a two-node which has bigger soil-level fan leaves and two more than a single noder to use to collect light.

All nice and dark green (getting proper bandwidths, nutes, CO2, water levels and purity), all growing faster than "normal" for the same light intensity/type, and strains. All typical of every grow I've done so far. Without EVER having lost a soil plant (you'll note I never post in hydro or DWC forums, or about hydro outside of using it for cloning? I don't manage hydro well..there's something I'm missing in the way of understanding, in the processes involved), despite topping too often on smaller ones in the little tent, using less light intensity than is ideal in the small tent, and often enough using one node trimmings to clone from rather than 2 or 3 node trimmings.

Even under LED lighting as a primary source, from a 5 channel Solar Flare that was technically too small for a 4 by 4 tent, my results have been consistently very good, compared to other setups that were similar but used different feeding/watering methods and patterns.

So you can nay-say all you like, the science backs it, and the evidence backs it.

As I said, it's not a "fix-all", but it WILL give added time to figure out HOW to fix it, if it can be done. Or added time to live if it CAN'T be fixed in the time left in its growth.

I could really not care less if someone takes any of the advice I post. Their plants involved, not mine. But when people ask, I'll tell them what can work, or help, and describe or explain why it can. I say it over and over...no two indoor growers have exactly the same conditions to deal with...therefor knowing why something can work is important. Knowing the principles behind it is important.

Saying "it's shit advice" or "it doesn't work" is bullshit, as it's based on known principles that apply universally.

When I say how I personally go about applying those principles, I say blatantly that that's how *I* do it, not that "that's the way" to do it, or I blatantly state that in my opinion, a given method is the most effective way to apply the principle.

9. Attached Files:

10. Wasn't the best clone, initially. Entirely my fault, but, as you can see, health-wise it recovered quite nicely.