Just want some advice

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jtrain252, Nov 27, 2014.

1. it comes with 25 feet im not using all of it im going to cut it i only need about 8-9 feet so i shouldnt need another fan im going to place the fan on the outside of the tent and pull through  the light through a filter   ok and 6 lbs of perlite done.........do u need to empty the pots after every grow and put all new soil..........................also can i get a huge container and premix the 12lbs of soil the 5 lbs of ewc and 6 lbs of perlite and just use what i need when i need it 

2. yea that should be fine with 1 fan then :)

soil can be re used with amendments

and you can mix all the stuff together and leave it aside, but it needs to breath

Ive got a 250 litre drum I mix my soil in and use what I need, but I leave the lid off and every couple of days give it a mix so bottom can breath.

3. what do u suggest for easy seedingling growing........and controlling humidity----i know seedlings through vegging should be about 60% and flowering should be around 40%   but not sure how to control it.....

4. tiny seedling propagator would be cheapest option for contolling RH. or even a plastic bottle cut in half and put over the pot(remember to air it)

for veg I use a humidifier to keep rh at 65%

for flower I use a de humidifier to keep rh below 45%

for drying my harvest I keep rh at 62%

depending where you live you might not need either or you will need both. where I am rh can be 35% - 70% so need both :/

although in summer I use portable ac wich lowers temps and rh

5. Man you DIY-ers are crazy. just buy new soil

6. Why? Even as crapped-out as I am, mixing from commercial components is easy enough. It's mixing from hand-done components that's a bitch.

7. Nice pic update Indie!

8. can that be done with just uppping the exaust fan ??? i dont wanna hav e to buy a dehumidifier and humidifier..........looking at herbies tonight to buy seeds YAYYYY

9. depends, if I want 40% rh and outdoors is 70% rh.  then even with 10x required airflow im not going to get lower than 70% (because it replace the air with 70%)

also if outdoors is 30% and I want 65% to veg then turn extractor down can raise it a little (as well as temps) but not enough