Just want some advice

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jtrain252, Nov 27, 2014.

1. NICE and frosty looking, man!

2. #42 jtrain252, Nov 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  3. abit off topic here and sorry for thread hijack.

im gonna upgrade to a 10inch extraction before summer and (35c outdoors), don't wanna use ac again lmao

if I got one with thermal control, do I still need to use a fan controller

4. #45 jtrain252, Nov 30, 2014
    POT IM USING   Smart Pots 5-Gallon Smart Pot Soft-Sided Container, BlackSOIL-------- FoxFarm FX14000 1-1/2-Cubic Feet FoxFarm Ocean Forest Organic Soil by Fox Farm
    FAN AND FILTER------VenTech Hydroponic 6'' Inline Fan and Carbon Air Filter 6'' Duct Flange Combo 
    AIR DUCT-----Dundas Jafine AF625ULPZW Aluminum Foil UL Listed and Marked Duct, 6-Inches by 
    NUTRIENTS---- Fox Farm FX14049 Liquid Nutrient Trio Soil Formula: Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger 
    THERMOMETER---------AcuRite 00613A1 Indoor Humidity Monitor by Chaney Instruments
    TENT-----Grow Tent 24x24x48"/ 2'x2'x4'

LIGHTS-----http://www.amazon.com/Apollo-Horticulture-GLK600GW19-Digital-Dimmable/dp/B004L3AQ1U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1417355162&sr=8-2&keywords=600+WATT

I CAN ALWAYS MAKE THE FAN SMALLER

HOW MUCH SOIL WILL I NEED....HOW MANY PLANTS CAN I GROW....IS THAT ENOUGH FOR THE SMELL 

5. 35c where you from?
    And depends on the thermal control basicly some thermal controls will simply be an on/ off while others will be full to a sliding off

And again if youbwere using it due to noise then yes

And one more if its 35 outside the tent then you will need ac and fans donot cool air they simply move it

auto help page if you need help with autoflowers http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1294434-Need-help-with-autos?-Welcome

new vote page sept please vote http://www.dutch-passion.nl/en/photovote/2014-09-03-autoultimate%C2%AE-loki_1752/

6. 600 in a 2x2x4 space will roast ya plants hands down tried it my self failed best i could get in was a 400 even the i was pushing temps even with a decent vent system a 250 worked fine for me in a 2x2
    4 plants in 11 ltr pots
    That was my 2x2 witg 250w hps :)

auto help page if you need help with autoflowers http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1294434-Need-help-with-autos?-Welcome

new vote page sept please vote http://www.dutch-passion.nl/en/photovote/2014-09-03-autoultimate%C2%AE-loki_1752/

Attached Files:

7. #48 jtrain252, Nov 30, 2014
    well then i can buy the 400 watt ballast since it can be run at 50% 75% and 00% i can bump it to 200 watts........4 plants 4 of those 5 gallon containers....how many bags of that soil do i need

8. #50 Indie-Kah, Nov 30, 2014
    Not sufficiently to handle 95 degree outside air and light source heat, at any rate...by a LONG shot.

I can't remember the formula properly for relationship between expansion of air and cooling, but I think it's 1000 kG per meter squared is a drop of 1 degree C in a cubic meter volume. That seems consistent with temps at different altitudes/pressures at the same latitude with the same wind/RH, etcetera, I was able to find

At any rate, if you're moving the air too fast for the heated air to transfer heat to the cooler, expanding air, you are minimizing the effect this has. There's a formula for figuring out this relationship, but I'll be damned if I can find it OR remember it.

Which means is that as a cubic meter of air from outside at 1000 kG/M^3 higher pressure expands, it "chills" 1 degree Celsius...over whatever period it takes to do this. If heat's being built faster than this cooling takes place, no good at all, by itself. If it's being moved so fast that ALL you get is steady rate of expansion (a balanced 1.8 ppsi, or 1,552 kG/M^3), you get a 10 degree C advantage from the air inflow...but the air's moving so fast it doesn't leech heat out of the heated air fast enough, compared to production.

So it's better than blowing it IN, or having more air pressure IN the area than the other way around. But limited. Sucking air over the bulb in ducted or covered hoods makes a HELL of a difference in heat, for several reasons. But not enough to turn 35 C air outside into sufficiently cold air inside to keep your heat under control. Total effects of a high volume fan MIGHT be 5-7 degrees C / 12 degree F, at a 1.8ppsi / 1,552 kG/M^3 differential. Perfect for someone with good outside air temps (expansion cools it from ambient--cooler air to begin with is yet cooler as it expands...difference between pulling 28 degree C air in, reducing it to 21-23 C, and pulling in 35 C, reducing it to 28-30 C. One's going to cool better, obviously). Bad for someone whose ambient air is already consistently too hot, where the anticipated reduction from expansion isn't enough to bring the air to acceptable temperatures, even without adding heat from bulb, ballast, etcetera constantly.

But there are lower cost (in power) cheats for cooling. Can find them on Youtube easily enough...coils of soft copper connected to an aquarium pump, which is then sunk in a reservoir of chilled water does work, at less power draw for instance. Still not as WELL as an air conditioner, but much less electrical draw. Problem is you then have to keep the water in the reservoir chilled somehow. Ice from the fridge, replacing it with COLD tap, whatever. And you'll need to insulate the reservoir to prevent IT picking up heat as fast.

You're better off, as they said, keeping the AC...but if you MUST, you can work around it with this information.

9. it doesnt get 95 in any part of my house............the air temperature around the tent will be 75 degrees maximum

so im not worried about that ill just use the fan to pull the hot air out of the tent and through the light and put a fan or two at the bottom against the bottom vent......
    ill switch the light to 400 watts and cut the power by 50%   perlite and ECW are two seperate things correct.....i cant just use the fox farm soil??

Narrowed it down to Northern lights(auto) or white strawberry skunk.......

10. The fox farma soil to too hot for auto it would seem and companys never put enough perlite or ewc in i get much better results from my mix than just soil alone

11. Im assuming perlite i can get at a garden store.......what is ECW??

since ur an auto grower what do u think 4 northen lights would yield with the setup 

12. #56 jtrain252, Nov 30, 2014
    IS this stuff i can get at like LOWES or something or do i but perlite and ECW online
    plus u said no 400 watts u said 250 :) 
    Once i buy everything any tips u can give me or if u can help that would be appreciated.....usually when it comes to gardening im a death dealer lol 
    ill probably have everything by the end of december 

13. [SUB]and 14oz!!!! i dont need that much like i said ill be happy if i can hit 8 ounces or so :) so YAY and noone thinks growing 4 plants is cause for alarm if noones knows and the smell is contained [/SUB]

14. Im not american mate so no idea where you get ewc i get mine online...
    And with a 250 you could get like 7oz again dunno about in first grow but ive had 262g from 250w hps

15. Go to a garden shop, not Lowe's (or Lowe's gardening section). Online is the best way to find a wider selection of products.

For earthworm castings...using a commercial product is still advisable, but you're also helping A LOT if you go to a sporting goods store, or even most Wal-Marts and buy nightcrawlers from the bait shop section...about 5 large ones per gallon of soil per bucket. Keeps the earth loose, aerates roots a bit, cleans a lot of toxins out of soil, and adds fresh castings.

16. I guess ill just buy it online no problem.......SO i dont need the fox farm soil.....just buy a big bag of perlite and a big bag of castings and mix them together?..............well u said 400 watts would be too much light. did u say that because of the temp or because its physically too much light?.........well then im going to grow 4 plants...i think ill do Northern lights first because i wont have to worry about light schedule i can just leave it on all day all night.........I can focus on Ph balancing, watering, and if someone helps me lsting and what not....

im doing to have to read up on ewc i have no idea how to do that....im assuming u putting live worms then in the soiul with the plants which doesnt hurt them