I got sooo busted

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by ThinkingPothead, Nov 25, 2014.

1. No. It's not ok. Not in my book. Unmentionable drugs i can understand concern for. But pot? You love it and they are keeping you from what you love. No. It's not ok.

2. So your brother forced you to find him a sexual partner in return for not telling your parents that you smoke weed? 

3. If you knew smoking was such a HUGE deal to your family and honouring and respecting them is so important to you why do you smoke in their house? Forget the fact that you started smoking against their will to begin with. Do you think it's only disrespectful if you're caught? 

Also does your aunt live with you or was she just visiting?

4. Fuck em, soon you'll be able to move out and do what you want. Your 19, therefore have full control over whatever you want. Keep smoking all you want, tell your parents but explain all the benefits, also there's this documentary on how weed saved some little girls life (CBD stopped her having over 200 seizures a week) its on youtube, show them that if you can find it. Explain it's beneficial to you, you do it in moderation, and would never become dependant on it. Then if they still don't approve or accept it, then they're too brainwashed, and beyond help. GL - Ben :)

5. Wow you sure got heated on a weed forum. My bad I guess for thinking you were underage since you really do seem like you are but I guess not. Have a good day lmfao.

6. #46 Maxsonator, Nov 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2014
    Why are you smoking in the house anyway xxxxxxx.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

What would you call someone new to a forum that hasn't read the forum guidelines and breaks a rule on their first post?

The forum guidelines are located in the sticky section of most sub-forums. Do give them a read.
    ICGreen

7. Most constructive post! Yeah they are too brainwashed :( my aunt said that my future is ruined already just for trying...

8. I was all alone and I was blowing smoke off my bathroom's window. I still don't understand how but my aunt (who lives downstairs) smelled it and then you know the rest.

And yes, it is only disrespectful if I get caught because I'm not causing any harm to nobody by smoking weed. They are just out dated and close minded.

9. Sir, you are incorrect. The act of disrespect has nothing to do with whether or not the person knows. Would you say having an affair is not disrespectful as long as you're not caught? While I agree it's tough shit because it only affects you and no one else, you are still disrespecting their wishes. And for God's sake, at least show them enough respect to not smoke in the house if they're so against it.

As for your aunt, I noticed your post above where she said your life is already ruined because you tried it. To that I would respond "so I will turn out like you and live in my siblings basement like a leach because I couldn't sustain my own place?"
    Kind of funny how someone who lives in their siblings basement can be so judgemental on someone else's life choices. 

10. #50 ThinkingPothead, Nov 27, 2014
    I don't consider doing what I like and not harming anyone in the meantime an act of disrespect. What I meant when I said I respect them is that I value them in such a way that I would give up on things I like to make them happy. And I don't care what people or my aunt says. I'm a honor student half way through becoming an engineer, so... I have no worries.

And I was considering quitting on weed anyways because of some studies stating weed might reduce your IQ according to some correlations. And I don't like doing things correlated to lower IQ, see for me my intelligence is the most precious resource I got. And I'm not really too sure whether or not weed is worth risking it.

11. If it makes you feel any better I have taken occasional IQ tests administered by my doctor that would state otherwise. 3 years ago I tested at 137, I took one a few months ago after years of very heavy smoking and got a 144. I know that this is just anecdotal but so is much of the "research" the government does. Also, I believe the claim is that it temporarily decreases your IQ - As in when and directly after being high, which is not something that had to be researched. 

Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

12. That's exactly what I thought (weed only dumbs you while high and probably couple hours after), thanks for sharing your personal experience and you must be pretty smart I guess! Right now I'm like between 130-135 and it scares me to get below that mark, you know? I only take infrequent small doses, so I thought I was going to be alright though when you consider the fact that weed messes with the way your brain communicates while high it *might* in the long run have either a positive or negative impact on your brain. Everyone's brain reacts differently to weed maybe not everybody will have the same luck as you. So, what I'm trying to figure is whether or not weed is worth taking that risk.

13. This thread is so full of loose change.

Why are you so scared that mummy and daddy will find out? You're nineteen years old, you don't need them to hold your hand through anything else.
    If they disown you because of a plant, then they weren't parental material in the first place. Admit to them you smoke, and without giving them a chance to retort, explain why you want to continue. If they refuse in any way, don't act like a child and get mad, just say ok and start moving out. (Which should've been in the process since your dammed near 20)
    Secondly, you need to have a sit down with your aunt and explain as to why blackmailing family is wrong. Yes her sister may have birthed you, but she has no right to cause uneeded stress and anxiety, and growing up should've been something she did years ago.

14. When my aunt found out, she said "Tell all his friends parents, especially if he stays over since he could be smoking it with them, and check under his bed every day, and strip search his room" The started saying a load of bullshit story's about how weed makes you kill yourself. Honestly felt like she was trying to ruin my life. Dad was cool with it but still misinformed and believed her story's, he smoked my weed too lol. Anyway do what you like, just be discreet about it. People shouldn't have to be secretive and feel guilty about weed, the government are misinforming bastards, and the media is controlled by the government, and most people listen to the media...i don't even know how I got this far off topic lol.

15. #55 we trippy, Nov 27, 2014
    Secretly give your aunt a weed brownie. That'll teach her

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. Whats wrong with living at home when you're "damned near 20"? You understand that some people go to school and can't afford to move out while they do so?  Sorry some people don't feel like putting themselves in 70 thousand dollars worth of debt just to live on their own at 18. Anyone I know that moved out early while trying to complete school without their parents paying for it is now riddled in debt, one of my friends has over 90k.

People like you make me laugh. They feel so accomplished because they moved out at 18 on their dead end minimum wage jobs and look down on everyone else. You want a good laugh? Look at yourself in 10 years vs. the people who stayed home and got a university degree. You'll be living pay cheque to pay cheque while the educated actually make a difference in their fields while making good money. 

I have no problem with people who choose to move out after high school to enter the work force immediately. What I do have a problem with is when they look down on people who chose to do otherwise. Would you prefer that everyone accumulated school debts that they can't pay back? Yeah, that will really help our current economy. 

I don't know how old you are but this moving out after high school business kind of stopped in the 90's once university degrees and higher education held more weight. Welcome to 2014 when you don't get great careers right out of high school. 

17. Fuck what all these people are saying dude. It isn't worth the trouble of trying to talk your family into accepting it just don't let them find out. I'm 20 and also in college and when I'm home I live with my grams and I know she and my family would flip their shit if they knew I smoked and it just really is not worth the trouble of trying to convince them it's ok. So i do it when they won't find out

18. Finally somebody in a similar situation that actually UNDERSTANDS! Is definitely not worth going through the endless talking, the endless arguing, the stupid mourning and who knows what other crazy stuff my parents can come up with... I actually have sorted the situation out ready. I persuaded my aunt to keep it between me and her by sharing my original purpose and educating her based on my long research before smoking. She still thinks I'll quit but I'll keep smoking though but I will only do it when I'm pretty away from home/relatives, that's like 1-3 times per month.

19. Cute assumption, but you know what they say about those.

The only thing that came to mind after reading this, is how are your educated friends in so much debt, yet unable to pay it back with their schooling?

Actually another thing, don't bring up paycheck to paycheck like it's a bad thing. You'll be doing it to. Living off the paycheck you get, then the next, then the next.

20. I think my assumptions were right on pal.

My friend is 25, and out of school for 2 years, and he just got a job for $128,000 a year so his debt will be paid off soon. Do you think people pay their debt off right out of school? It takes a while, that's why you should suck it up and live with your parents until you're done. One of the biggest issues in America right now is people not able to pay their extravagant school debts. It is estimated that living on your own will almost double the debt to your student loans. I wouldn't expect an uneducated high school diploma recipient to understand any of that though. 

And I will bring up living paycheque to paycheque because that is something that degenerates who were so rushed to move out and not go to school do for the rest of their lives. You tried to make fun of people living with their parents in their twenties and it backfired. You got called out. Do you not understand that moving out in your teens is literally not possible for some people? Do you not understand that many people can't afford to live on their own the entire time they go through med or law school? These people you make fun of for living with their parents in their twenties are your doctors, lawyers, accountants, etc... They are all better than you have or ever will be.

Tell me Mr. Perfect who passes judgement on people living at home in their twenties - What did you do with your life? How old are you? What is your education? What age did you move out? And how much do you make right now? Can't wait to hear how perfect you are.