Ferguson blowup-what would you have done?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by SlamDaddy, Nov 25, 2014.

I strongly agree with this.

People are quick to react. The media slips you a bit of what sounds like outrage; unarmed black man murdered by white police officer in a nation with a history of the white enslaving the black and strong race suppression.

Of course you jump instantly to the conclusion that the police officer is a cold-blooded murdered and the black man is an innocent victim.

To truly know the situation is a different matter. And more time should be spent on this, and less on twitter rage. 

2. Why does he have to be a thug ? There was nothing gang affiliated about him other than the fact that he threw up some signs people felt we're gang banger ish and he stole some cigarillos .

Yeah he's a thug lol come on BlazedGlory I thought critical thinking was your forte ? Loll

I clean table ... I clean mouth ... You breathe deep

Sure we do it's been out for hours....

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/11/25/us/evidence-released-in-michael-brown-case.html?_r=0

Someone who fights a cop and tries to take his gun falls under my definition of a thug. :confused_2:

5. I don't know how anyone could believe there would be an alternative situation.

It was a citizen vs a police officer in the police state of nazi America. Paid vacation, again. Surprise! Get with it. This shit will never change until we have revolution

6. i listened to the report on his gun shot wounds. what was said was something to the effect that the order of the shots as they were fired could never be truly know. however, the first shots fired that entered his body were as he was bent at the waist, arms stretched forward, as though he was coming at the officer. 3 shots to the body. also there were 2 grazed shots. one of those on his thumb that was more then likely the first shot that hit him. the final shot was as he was bent over and it went through the top of his head, causing immediate unconsciousness. this was part of the ballistics report.

i know that there was a better way to handle the situation as i am sure the rest of you do. personally, i am just not sure that if i were in the same situation i would know what it is. it doesn't matter the color of the person i was shooting at or the color of the person that i was having this confrontation with. what i do know is if that kid would not have acted like he did, there would be no shooting.

before someone jumps on me and says something about me justifying the shooting, i am not in any way doing that. i am talking about something that happened before the shooting ever started.

black people burning their own homes and businesses down is by far the most ridiculous thing i have seen and is incredible fucking stupid. someone please explain that to me? there was this black lady reporting about the shooting and trying to get white people to understand it all. this is what she said, "it is like when a person cuts themselves to relieve the pain". CNN, you are so damn funny!

I mean ... you speak as if you were there , personally flying the News Channel Chopper reporting live at 5 lol 

I wouldnt know what I would do if someone tried to pull a gun out on me while I'm at the window of their vehicle , but Mr. Brown felt it would benefit him to try to prevent him from grabbing his gun . His thumb got grazed , he ran , Officer Wilson says Mr. Brown turned around and proceeded towards him (which apparently is supported in the autopsy) . As a Police Officer I mean you're trained to use non-lethal force first . At least out here (New Haven) where police brutality SHOULD be rampant but its not. They use tasers first unless the suspect is KNOWN to be armed . 

If Darren Wilson wasn't a cop and the same situation happened I wouldn't say anything because to a regular person , if some big ol thing is charging towards you obviously you're going to shoot to kill . But Darren Wilson is a cop , he should've known better .

8. If you try to grab anybody's gun, not just a cop's, of course they are going to interpret it as a threat to their life. Thats basic logic.

Lol wow what a spin..."Mr. Brown thought it would benefit him to try and prevent him from grabbing his gun" 

Try that with any cop and see what happens lmfao

10. I wouldn't have ended him, but i probably wouldve shot him in the balls so he could no longer produce larvae.  

11. If i were president I would send drones to bomb the ferg. police dept. Then fire every white man on police force and city council. Replace them all with African Americans and let them go at it.

12. Why didn't the officer shoot him in the legs?  Maybe he did not have a clear shot for the legs. Maybe he was on the verge of having Brown take the gun from him and kill him.
      Now then let's talk to a Texan. Not a sworn officer, I'm talking legal registered licensed gun owner. He is hunting. Mike Brown sneaks up on him and assaults him. Tries to take the gun from him. Texan will kill. What would be the outcome of that senario? No riots, that's for sure.

13. Yeah because cops are trained to kill unarmed people , then claim self defense later .

14. #34 lFourTwenty, Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2014

It was self-defense...whether you choose to believe the facts or not doesn't matter to me.

Sure, there are plenty of cases where cops use excessive force, but this isn't one of them. 

The cop testified that MB said "You're too much of a pussy to shoot me" while they were struggling for the gun. That turned out to be a fatal assumption for MB.

15. Regardless of whether you choose to believe it or not . Mr. Brown was a young man , a child . If a police officer is reacting to the taunts of a CHILD , he shouldn't be an officer .

How do you defend yourself against a unarmed person ? Lol like really .

16. #36 lFourTwenty, Nov 26, 2014

What makes a  6'4'' 290 pound 18 year old a CHILD?

That CHILD that was caught on camera strong-arming a convenience store owner, as he stole an entire box of swishers.

You think the cop should have sat there in his car and let MB beat the shit out of him and shoot him with his own gun? MB would be on death row right now for shooting a cop, and there would be no protests.

Edit: What did he even need an entire box of swishers for? He couldn't just take a pack or two? Had to have the entire box lmao. The cops probably wouldn't have even been called if he had just swiped one or two.

17. Really ? That's your logic ?
    Just like I said whether or not you agree , Mr. Brown was a child and Darren Wilson has a responsibility to help his community and uphold the law .

I agree with Wilson stopping Mr. Brown due to the fact that he resembled the suspect being searched for but I don't agree with the way he went about handling the situation .

Call for back up . Why was he alone looking for a suspect ? I'm sure the store keepers description alone should've warranted precaution .

And you assume he was going to kill the police officer lol okay bud whatever you say .

18. #38 lFourTwenty, Nov 26, 2014

Bahahhaha I'm the one assuming?

Exact word for word quote from you "Mr. Brown felt it would benefit him to try to prevent him from grabbing his gun "

Huh???? You automatically assume the robbery suspect was trying to disarm the cop for his own benefit? 

Again...huh???  :laughing:  :laughing:

Yeah...lets all gather around and believe that somehow the guy who just robbed a store is going to grab the cops gun and do what? unload the bullets??

19. #39 Free Koochie Kooz, Nov 26, 2014
    I'll just agree to disagree with you . I'm irritated .

You're still wrong and I'm still right so .. ::kanye shrugs:: everybody wins

See this is the problem..most people who have opinions about it don't really even know the details of the case.

He wasn't alone looking for a suspect..he had just got done responding to a call about a child having trouble breathing, possibly choking. He saw MB and his friend walking in the middle of the street after he finished responding to that call.

After asking them to get out of the middle of the road and walk on the sidewalk, the confrontation started.