Advice on relationship of 7 months a/ kid

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by dodobrain38, Nov 25, 2014.

1. So basically we've been friends for 6 years and we started going out 7 months ago. She got pregnant and he's now 2 months old very healthy boy and tall just like me lol. Anyways lately for the past few weeks she's been giving me attitudes for no reason and I'm getting tired of it. Our son doesn't cause stress cause he's easy and doesn't cry. Like today I went to meps to take my asvab and was done at 6 and I hadnt eaten all day so me and my friend go eat and I get home at 7:30 ish. And she gets mad at me cause I didn't tell her I was going to grab a bite to eat. Idk what to do cause I don't want him to grow up in a toxic relationship cause that's how I was but then again I want to be there for him. I'm contemplating on taking a break or leaving her. Either way I'm sure my family will support my choice. I just need help on what I can do to make sure it's the right choice. Some background knowledge is that were 18 out of high school neither of us in school or have a job. I'm in the process of going into Air Force to support us. She just watches tv and YouTube most of the time when her mom is here because her mom helps when she is here which is 4-5 days out of 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. man up and go to basic training and start your schooling.

3. Wow she sounds like my ex. Dude take a break from the relationship if that's how you feel need be. She sounds lazy and controlling. No matter what though, remain civil.

SeNt FrOm My•🌟☆GaL@x¥ $5☆🌟•

4. I'd really first try to work things out. Communication is key, though immaturity from either side doesn't help much. You know her better then we ever will you'll know what to do.

SeNt FrOm My•🌟☆GaL@x¥ $5☆🌟•

5. Hopefully she don't try N lock your ass up.before basic or else she has your ass Trapped do the best you can to make ot.to.basic training

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Maybe she wanted to eat dinner with you or maybe it would've been nice to call or text her and ask if you could bring her home something to eat. But why didn't you let her know? What kind of relationship do you have? I mean- do you normally eat dinner with her.. Do you normally communicate daily activities?
    Babies may seem easy to care for, but is she having dinner with friends while you care for the baby? Are you being considerate of her time spent with a baby all day? Just wondering

7. She should have swallowed. She might be having late onset post partum depression kicking in for all you know. Oh yeah you big dummy you should have called her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. How does she not have a job or go to school? She sounds like the type that would sit at home all day and find things to complain about while you're making that government money. I would leave her OP, save yourself from being locked down to someone that just wants to use you.

Wraaaap the night around me, blanket of black on my back, I feel safe in the darkness...

9. #9 SlightlyStonedSD, Nov 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2014
    deleted

10. #10 SlightlyStonedSD, Nov 25, 2014
    that's not your baby....

11. if what you say is true and your not trying to troll.

I would advise you to get a DNA test..
    If you dont care whether this child is really yours regardless if you leave or not and want to assume responsibility. dont take the test!
    If you're going to leave this girl because of issues but aren't sure whether this is a good idea because of a child, i would look more into figuring out if this kid is really yours. it may make this decision that you cant quite grasp rather easy!

best of luck!

12. So basically we've been friends for 6 years and we started going out 7 months ago. She got pregnant and he's now 2 months old.

lmfao sorry dude for laughing but too funny do the math your late by 4 months and it will make your life easier, good luck. 

13. Convince her to go after real daddy for support and do it quick. If things get crappy between the two of you, in some states you can legally be decreed with parental responsibilities, including support, even if it's not your kid. And once that's occurred, it's irrevocable.

14. No we never eat dinner together and we were friends with benefits for a while that's how she got pregnant I knew that question would come up lol.

15. #15 Carne Seca, Nov 25, 2014
    Not to rag on you or anything but I find it surprising that you run into the first rocky patch in the relationship and you're wanting to bail. Have you tried discussing this with her?  Have you actually sat down and asked what's wrong or shown any interest in what's going on with her?  So she's a little snappy.  That happens.  Especially after child birth.  Did you take into account she might be suffering from postpartum depression?  

It sounds to me like you're just trying to find the nearest exit out of your relationship.  She's the mother of your child.  Be a man and step up. This is your responsibility. Walking away is the worst thing you can do.  

16. well that makes more sense i think, was she a biatch before pregnancy might just that post thingy thingy lol I got lucky my gf was really chill n cool during/after pregnancy and i might of just wrote this because shes right beside me watching haha

17. Do you love her so much that you want to commit the next 18 years to her and her baby?

18 years is a long time bro and if she's treating you like dirt now things will only get worse.

I recommend a DNA test for the kid before you commit one-fourth of your short life to an ungrateful woman and some dudes offspring.

Also her mother helps out so she has a support system without you.

The longer you stay the more obligated you'll be to them, so you need to figure things out soon.

18. Yeah true. Thanks guys it helps a lot. And not really it's just after she had a baby she got kinda cranky for no reason before me and her were the only people we actually talked to.

Get her to a doctor.  Explain what's going on.  She may need treatment.  Sometimes Postpartum Depression (if that's what it is) can get worse as time passes.  

20. You have a family now whether you like it or not. The easy solution is to break up. But if you think there is a chance and you know deep down that you love her then you need to put in work

Ask her what her aspirations for the future are, does she have a dream career or does her mind come up blank?

You're so young. That probably why she's giving you attitude. Relationships are hard and you two probably have a lot to learn about them. Sit her down and tell her that you're willing to research and go through experiences with her in order to mature together and become better at working together and telling each other your feelings in a way that doesn't hurt. Ask her if she's interested in becoming more of a team with you.

If not, there isn't much you can do to make her grow up and change her mind. Be reasonable with her though and make an effort to be there for your child, because that kid is you're blessing too