Police man that killed Michael Brown?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Weed'420, Nov 25, 2014.

1. you quoted me but didn't type out anything... 

2. Michael Vick goes to jail for 2 years cus he killed dogs. This dude doesn't get shit and he killed a HUMAN BEING. I don't even know..

3. #23 SedatedIndividual, Nov 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2014
    Are you really that dense? It's not as simple as that. This "human being" robbed a convenience store, has a history of criminal activity, and fled after assaulting a cop trying to get him to walk on the sidewalk. 

Lol @ trying to make it that simple. The only thing that is that simple is your brain if you truly believe what you just said. 

4. Michael Vick deserves to die in prison..fuck him I hope someone breaks his neck.

5. It actually really is that simple when you break it down and I'm not even black. Police need to learn how to diffuse situations accordingly and not instantly reach for a gun when shit isn't going their way.

MB reached for the cops gun during the altercation.

The amount of ignorance surrounding this subject is astounding. Everyone has something to say but only about 10% of them actually know the facts of the case.

7. Yikes....

http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/brown.asp

9. That site is run by a random man and women, with no qualifications for their claims of 100% accuracy. It's insane that people reference that site like it's the end all be all. That site is no more credible than any other blogger claiming he has sorted through the B.S. 

Not only that, the article went on to say that no one can be certain if he had a criminal record because of the juvenile act. And you could be sure that his lawyer and parents would have been very happy to say that he had no criminal record if that was the case. The lawyer would have commented on how she can't confirm any records but from what she saw his record was clean, that IS legal to say, especially with the parents permission. It would only be illegal for her to confirm that he did have a criminal record, and so she said "I can't confirm nor deny". That is a crock of shit, you absolutely can deny any allegations of a criminal record even under the juvenile act.

So yeah, that article shows nothing. Just a lawyer doing her job and parents unable to come to grips that their child was a delinquent scum bag. 

10. Snopes is God.  

11. #31 garrison68, Nov 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2014
    Even O'Reilly, yes, BILL O'Reilly, is complaining about that police force and the way their administration handles things.  

I couldn't believe it, they waited for hours after the grand jury desicion, unitl the middle of the evening after dark, to make the announcement that the cop was not going to be charged.  Is that fucking stupid, or what? 

12. Let's say things played out differently. Here's my (hopefully realistic) take on what could have happened differently had Wilson NOT fired upon Brown.
    Brown see's Wilson's hesitation when drawing his gun, and uses it as his opening to take Wilson down. Wilson and Brown struggle in the street momentarily until Brown either A) beats Wilson to a pulp and escapes, or B) shoots Wilson with his own gun.
    Situation A would end with little publicity and likely no trial unless Brown is caught, which would be likely seeing as there's evidence.
    Situation B would be grim and end with little publicity as well. This is because a white man getting shot by a black man hasn't been news since the 90's in LA.
    Why do I not predict a situation where Wilson isn't victimized? I truly believe that the situation would have ended in one of the three ways spelled out (one of the ways being what actually happened: white man shoots black man). It seems evident to me that because Brown was able to beat on Wilson without much resistance, and that he only stopped after being shot, that Wilson likely couldn't have taken Brown in a fist fight, so he used the best authority a cop has in the US: his sidearm.

13. #33 MochaBearBlazed, Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2014
    sounds like wilson, a a full grown man with next to military training couldn't subdue a highschool kid without blowing his brains out 
    edit: incase you wouldnt of understood, theres something very wrong with that. 

I think it's stupid how people keep saying "high school kid" like he was this tiny little defenseless boy 

18 year olds can still be big and strong if they eat their vegetables 

15.  justice is served.  A violent maniac is dead, and a person wasn't wrongfully convicted.  FUCK YEAH.

16. It's ridiculous how the media potrays Michael Brown as an angel, putting pictures of him when he was young and innocent when he was quite the contrary as you stated.

I would've done the same had I been in the officer's shoes at the moment. If 2 big adults (white, black , red , yellow, etc) and (over 6 ft tall) were charging at me not obeying my orders, putting my own life at risk, i'd definitely protect myself and shoot.

What's more ridiculous is that all those rioting in Ferguson, looting and setting fire to buildings and cars , they're destroying their own town which they live in and just giving themselves a worse image... talk about no common sense and not knowing how to peacefully demonstrate opposition.

17. #37 SedatedIndividual, Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2014
    Oh come on dude. Just because someone has military training does not mean they are capable of taking down anyone. He is not a kid, he is 18 years old. He also was 6'5 and weighed 300 pounds, trumping the officer in weight. It is also easy to say how you would react in the situation when you are sitting here calmly on your computer with no threat and all the time in the world to think out the best course of action. The officer didn't have that, he had a 6'5 300 pound MAN barrelling at him yelling threats and had seconds to react. Even if what he did was not the best and most appropriate course of action it was certainly understandable and not unreasonable due to how quick everything unfolded. 

Heres a question, you're in this exact situation, what would you do?

18. Why not just shoot him in the leg?

19. You do realize shooting people in the leg is not as harmless as hollywood makes it seem? There are arteries in your thigh that will burst and kill you in seconds if punctured. Shooting someone in the thigh is just as dangerous as the torso with as much potential for complications and death. 

20. #40 *guest, Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2014

This drives me nuts every time it comes up. 

If you're a cop, or even if you're just someone who carries a gun, you never, ever, ever try to shoot someone in the leg. Why? Because you don't fire your gun unless you absolutely need to end a threat to life which means you shoot at center mass until the threat is gone. You try to shoot at someone's leg and you miss, you're potentially risking your life or someone else's life. If the threat is minimal enough for you to say "ehh I'll just try for the leg and see how it goes" then you're not in a situation where you need to fire your gun in the first place.

If you're in a situation where you have to fire a gun, you aim center mass to end the threat.