THE INFAMOUS SOLO CUP CHALLENGE 4

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by PIFFCLOUD22, Nov 25, 2014.

1. No soil. 100% coco
    It sprouted I think 4 days ago and its so nasty haha. I'll take a pic of it in a bit when I check on the veg cab

I started another blueberry so I hope this next one won't be at mutated lol. I was told by the breeder that germination isn't even guaranteed and most will be mutants lol. The odd ones that aren't will be some great smoke though I've been told.

2. Wow. . I didn't read that part in the fine print. . Lol. . When I start my DP blueberry, I'll be keeping all this in mind! . Hoping the dj shorts bb/auto will be a great grower. .

3. Might be different for your genetics, I got mine from PeakSeedBC and MikeJ told me not to even bother with it since I'm a new grower, but of course... Tell me not to do something and I'm gonna do it lol

4. yeah' I'm same way I usually learn the hard way despite being told the specifics....and then I'm usually rewarded with a I told ya' so......:mellow::mellow:go figure

5. Thats funny stuff! And so true. . Lol

6. 20 hours after starting germination and my kush berry, kush northern lights and red poison auto have taproots already!

7. Seed just started showing it's taproot. Will pop it into soil(FFOF) tomorrow morning.

8. the . . .
       beans . . .
          are  .  .  . 
             in .  .  .
                the  .  .  .
                    oven  .  .  . 

:smoke:

9. The beaner has crossed the border( no racist)

10. Haha reminds me of weeds when Doug and el Andy are sneaking in Mexicans across the border

"The bean has left the tortilla" lmao

11. For the first time I dropped a cfl light bulb, less than 5 minutes ago, smack dab inside my grow closet. I panicked and walked right out of the bedroom, shutting the door. It's been shut the whole time. So, I came out to the living room and googled it:

\tEPA Tips: Cleaning up a Broken CFLThe EPA provides a detailed list of tips and cleanup instructions to help you safely dispose of a broken CFL in your home. The list is widely considered to be the go-to resource for safe CFL cleanup and disposal.
    But if you've broken a CFL in the past and did not follow these instructions, the EPA assures you, “Don't be alarmed; these steps are only precautions that reflect best practices for cleaning up a broken CFL.”
    Make note of the following cleanup instructions in case you ever break a bulb again, but don't stress about exposure from a prior cleanup.
    \t1. Before Cleanup
    • Have people and pets leave the room.
    • Air out the room for five to 10 minutes by opening a window or door.
    • Shut off the forced-air heating and cooling system, if you have one.
    • Collect the following materials to clean up the broken bulb: Stiff paper or cardboard, sticky tape, damp paper towels or disposable wet wipes (for hard surfaces) and an airtight container, such as a glass jar with a metal lid or a resealable plastic bag.
    \t2. During Cleanup
    • Do not vacuum. Vacuuming is not recommended unless broken glass remains after all other cleanup steps have been taken, as doing so may spread mercury-containing powder or mercury vapor.
    • Thoroughly scoop up glass fragments and powder using stiff paper or cardboard. Use sticky tape, such as duct tape, to pick up any remaining small glass fragments and powder.
    • Place the used tape in the glass jar or plastic bag. See detailed cleanup instructions for more information, and for differences in cleaning up hard surfaces versus carpeting or rugs.
    • Place cleanup materials in a sealable container.
    \t3. After Cleanup
    • Promptly place all bulb debris and cleanup materials, including any vacuum cleaner bags used, outdoors in a trash container or protected area until materials can be disposed of. Avoid leaving any bulb fragments or cleanup materials indoors.
    • Use Earth911 or another resource to track down a recycling solution near you. Avoid throwing CFLs (broken or unbroken) into your regular waste bin.
    • If weather and other conditions allow, continue to air out the room where the bulb was broken and leave the heating and air conditioning system shut off for several hours (a study conducted by the journal Science of The Total Environment found that the critical exposure period passes after four hours).

Do LED's break? I can't "air" out my room - it's 26 degrees outside, my windows are taped up masked by blackness. My weed air circulation fan is on AND the space heater is on... so it's not "forced air or heat"   

dang, I can't believe I did this. I have to sleep in that room, it's my bedroom! Guess I'll sleep on the couch tonight! My other concern is how does this effect my 6 budding marijuana plants?

I'm in a pickle, for at least four hours anyway!

:confused: confused

and

:smoking: stoned

12. #153 MJsGirl, Nov 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2014
    Hey, nothin' wrong with the second string secretary givin' the boss man some advice (iloveit)
    Berry Bomb sounds pretty good too. I must say you guys really have your selections now don't ya! :smoke:

13. #154 DazedAndStoned, Nov 29, 2014
    Got everyone germed/ clones rooted except my blueberry and northern lights. 25 cups packed in my veg cab so far... Somehow got to squeeze another 8 cups in here... :O

Planting my seed entries tonight, probably will have to move some of these into my flowering cab soon. Gonna try some 12/12 from rooted clone on some of these :)

Attached Files:

14. Sorry to hear about your CFL breaking MJsGirl. I'm sure if you cleaned up the stuff properly your girls should be okay as long as that poof of smoke didn't touch em. I thin CFLs only have 5mg of Mercury, I'm no expert though

15. For right now I managed to get a window open and have 4 fans blowing. It's getting fresh air circulation alright, and cold air at that! I'm keeping an eye on the temperature every 5 minutes. I can't let it get  too, too cold in there, it'll hurt the plants. I did the clean up ordeal. I had nitrile gloves on and the kept the neck of my t-shirt pulled over my mouth and nose.

I think you're spot on Dazed! After I sorta panicked, just a tiny little bit, I kept reading and found out basically the same thing you were saying and I'm not so worried anymore, thanks!

http://www.earth911.com/home-garden/broken-cfl-clean-up/

16. [​IMG]

Red Headed Step Sister.. F1 and F2 three of each..

17. Looking good Dazed, looking real good...especially the tall lady in the middle! :smoke:

18. Thanks! That's my red poison auto, she's got over 20 buds lol. I'm planting another one for the solo challenge, hopefully she is half as good as this one :bongin:

19. #160 MJsGirl, Nov 29, 2014

Clever name Brass, RHSS, I like it.  what does F1 and F2 mean? -  did you post your strain for this challenge #4 and I missed it?