First attempt at this

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Lynchy1984, Nov 24, 2014.

1. #61 Lynchy1984, Dec 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2014
    I've got rid of 1 and am trying to ressurect the other. Fresh water at 210ppm and 600lph of air.
    I'm using advanced neutrients range. Neuts and ph up/down
    I'm not 100% sure on ph level as I dropped my digital one in a bucket of water and only had a ph probe available which I'm not convinced is accurate but it was reading 3.5-4

2. Should I try to scrog my first try, or bad idea?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. #63 Pahly, Dec 16, 2014
    Lynchy, Sorry to here about your meter's swim, I saw you have a replacement on the way, what did you pick up for a meter? Brand/Model? I'm using a Hanna Phep and Dist pen and really like them find them reliable and stable. What are the seeds your germing now, same strains as you had previously?? I'm soaking some KC Brains Haze special I've had for a while (since march 06) so I'm hoping to get a couple to crack, just put them in a shot glass to soak for 24 hours. I hope your not discouraged by this set back, you'll have plants rockin before you know it.

4. #64 Lynchy1984, Dec 16, 2014
    Yeah same 2 THC Bomb and Afghan Kush x Skunk. Nah it hasn't put me off just glad they went early on so I have time to get new ones going.
    Need to decide whats after those though and get some new seeds in.
    Thinking about Super Silver Sour Diesel, Purple Train Wreck and Durban Poison maybe a Pineapple Chunk

5. That's a very low PH, I can only guess it was that. But that water looked so murky, it just didn't look right to me 

6. Yeah, I though so aswell. The only thing I added was Neuts to bring into 260ppm

Those are packets of Phytoseiulus persimilis eggs. They predate on spider mites and thrips. I had a bad thrip infestation and was sick of spraying everything with neem oil so gave them a try. They worked great for about a month but then age took its toll. Unfortunately they didn't breed so my only option was to buy more but I didn't want to spend £20 every month so went back to spraying neem oil

8. Lynchy, I'd be interested to see that pineapple chunk,  I had a pheno of C99 that smelled just like pineapples, it was some good smoke to, really frosted up.  but wasn't a huge yielder.  I can imagine what it would be like crossed to a deep chunk.    Is the Super silver sour diesel a cross of super silver haze and sour diesel?  It's always good to have be planning for the next round.    Have the new ones cracked yet?  I'm still waiting on my haze seeds to crack.  Is the remaining plant doing ok , recovering?

9. Yeah it's a cross of those 2 by connoisseur genetics they're a bit steep at £12 a seed but I'm sure it'll be worth it.
    Check Barneys Farm Pineapple Chunk out yields about 650g per m2 and has high THC. I've been wanting to try Super Iced Grapefruit aswell. I could spend so much on seeds I just don't have the space or time to try them.

Yeah both have cracked will give them a couple of days before transferring to pots. And the other ones a gonna.

10. hey Lynchy, what are the seeds in till they go into the pots, some kind of rapid rooter or rockwool cube??  Seeds can get expensive for sure, I was lucky and had some saved.  are you growing feminized seeds?  What stage are the ones that cracked at, are the seed leaves open yet?  Oh and I added a link to my journal in my signature if your interested.

Pahly

11. Ones cracked and the others sprouted. They're just in kitxhen
    Roll at the moment
    And will go in to clay pebbles from there.

12. <sup>Glad to hear some sprouted for you.  can't wait to see them poppin leaves and growin big.</sup>

<sup>Pahly</sup>

13. [SUB]Hey Lynchy,  how are things going?  Did you get your seedlings started?  Happy Holidaze![/SUB]

[SUB]Pahly[/SUB]

14. Yeah back up and running, will get some pics of attempt 2 up soon

15. That's good news!  I was hoping things were working out for you.  Looking forward to the pics.

Pahly