Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hold it longer tinier hits, or cough out bigger hits?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by No_Mids, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Hey, quick question and the title pretty much sums it up. I'm smoking out of a pipe (if it matters, doubt it does) but I'm just wondering what you guys think would get you more high. If I light the weed, keep it lit, and pull a lot of smoke, but cough it out a second later... Or, light the weed, inhale x amount of weed, hold for 7 seconds, and exhale.

So basically, bigger hits but hold in for 1 second, or tinier hits but hold in 7 secs?

2. Look, the truth of the matter is THC needs less than 3 seconds in your lungs to be fully absorbed. Anything after the fact is you cutting oxygen off to yourself, which makes you light-headed, not higher. Also, in my younger years I used to believe 'the more you cough, the more you get off.' that is 100% false. it is doing the same thing as holding it in too long: cutting off oxygen, causing light-headed side effects. Why do you think vapes work? you do not need to hold those in, nor do you cough from them.

My suggestion to you, grind up your bud and use a screen. you'll get a cleaner burn, conserve more flower and get higher without hocking up a lung.

Either that or switch to dabbing or vaping, bud.

3. Err, thanks for the tips but, I'm not sure if this really answered my question, 1 second hold in, less smoke, 7 second hold in, more smoke?

4. I feel like big hits give me a bigger bang for my buck, they get you super high instantly. But sometimes that's not the best part of using cannabis. Being slightly high for longer periods is really fun too. 

5. 1 second will make u higher. big hits will always make you higher, at least for me and my friends. it's why bong rips and gravity bongs get you the most fried, mega hits from em

6. I think best case scenario is you get as much smoke as you can hold in for like 3 seconds. If you cough it out after that its all good. However, if I'm in a group of a bunch of people smoking I try to take the biggest hit I can cuz you never know when you're gonna be getting another hit.

Little side story, one time my buddy n I packed my bong full of crushed ice and I took the biggest bong rip of my life and pretty much died on his porch for a few minutes lmao it was super fun though! 

7. Some people say THC is absorbed almost instantly but that is not true, it does not magically manifest in your lungs after a hit it must travel there and then must be absorbed which is why you should hold in your hit for 5-10 good seconds, now the harder you hit it the less time you can hold it but the more smoke you get. Its an age old argument that will only be proven with science that none of us currently know, do which one you like most or test it. Do a bowl one day and hold it in longer and the next day take massive hits.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Lol it takes no more than 3 seconds for THC to absorb into the bloodstream through the lungs. Anything longer, and you are doing damage to your body (i assume). I take a huge bong rip, cough it out and take another huge bong rip. Fuck tiny hits.