PyspherEs Ongoing Experiments from the Cabinet Laboratory, Botanical Table Balcony Garden

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by PsypherE, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Looking good man! Better watch that old ladie of yours.. she will be outgrowing you in no time ;-)

2. Wow. That SDG looks absolutely gorgeous!
    I was about to go searching back through your thread to see what SDG stood for. Haha

3. Love cabinets..excellent work.. compact yet efficient..  i had to come look..seeing active journals= priceless     [​IMG]

4. Thanks for stopping by y'all! Its nice to have a bit of a stash on hand. I've been finding a few seeds mostly in the organic sweet deep grapefruit but also one so far in Blue Cheese #3 as well so there may be hope for that purple leaf genetics.

Yea, she battling some PM on her rose bush and cyclamen but she can treat it continually with sulfer cause its not a consumable. I told her if she doesn't keep it under control and is see any more signs they are gone.
    Yea the sweet deep grapefruits came out pretty nice! They are by Dinafem. The DWC has a crazy sour grapefruit smell and the organic girl has a more sweet floral orange note to her. I would describe it like orange blossom, but I've never actually smelled an orange blossom. Its hardly citrus, fairly sweet and very light and floral. The sour smelling pheno is particularly sour smelling, reminds me of eating sour grapefruit gummies but with an open quart of paint thinner a couple feet away from you. The slight chem smell is quite faint but still gives a little sting while the sour grapefruit gummy mix of sweet and sour makes the chem sting very mild.

Thanks! Always appreciate the comments! My first run with the split levels hasn't had the greatest yields yet but I will be making some adjustments to increase my yields. I'm probably only going to see about .4g/W on this first round. My goal is north of .75g/W after another grow or so but with 250w in such a tight footprint I'm not sure if I'll be able to hit that 6.5oz (basically double what I expect to yield after my last plant dries). I'm hoping for the best! With the right genetics and few tweaks I hope I can pull it off!

Peace & Love
    PyspherE

5. Hey! Just thought I'd drop my yield numbers so far.

Bottom chamber holds the 135w Blackstar LED (~75W actual draw) and the 90w Blackstar LED (~50W actual draw) for a total of 125W of actual draw. My final yields for the Blue Widow #1 was 10.2g harvested + <1g left to reveg so 11.2 total. The Blue Cheese #4 came in at a total of 10.7g. The Blue Widow #5 hit 11.4g total. Finally the Blue Cheese #3 with 11.6g. This gives a total of 43.5g of harvested material. My yield was a mere 0.35g/W in the bottom chamber. It was very open and could have accommodated at least 1 more 11g plant if not 2 which would bring me close to 0.5g/W I could probably Also get another few grams per plant so I should be able to achieve the .5g/W.

In the top cabinet Im running the 250w HID. I pulled 35.6g from the organic SDG. I'm hoping for 50g from the DWC plant but we will see how that goes next weekend after I trim. This would put me right about 0.35g/W on top as well. A decent starting point for such a tight space. Up here I'm sure I could achieve closer to 2 oz / plant or more with chunkier genetics and some more training. This will bring me over .5g/W goal up top!

Peace & Love
    PyspherE

6. Brooo those are some Very respectable yields... && want to remind you of the really nice quality of you buds! From what you've posted it all looks super dank bro.

I'm hoping for a similar first yield. I will be beyond stoked to get an ounce per plant .
    I got about 450-500 true watts in my tent.. So at .5 grams a watt I should have goals of 250 grams ! We will see haha

Nice job tho Psyph def a huge success!

7. I was hitting the 2oz a plant mark with a 400 watt in my old cab. Pull out a half pound. Wether it was two plants, 5 plants or 6. They always grew until the cab was full. It was a half pound cab.
    Great numbers buddy cant wait to see Sgs genetics!

8. I feel ya! I am yet to get to my first yield, but I do think I will be working my way to a perpetual set up... but on the other hand I may just run two different flower tents and just always be flowering.

'Always Be flowering'

That's a good line.. I should brand that, or at least put it on a dope shirt....

Would u guys buy a shirt that had a picture of a big giant sea of colas, with text saying always be flowering?

I think I would,, this is going in the idea box with the others LOL

9. Hey GC!

Got lots of good news!

Over the last 2 weeks I've acquired some new seed stock for next to no cost. First I got the 5 x Auto Pink Diesel x Amnesia from The Vault. A nice side project to run while prepping for outdoors. Then I found a decent deal from holiseeds for a 10 pack of Reg Nirvana Mazar-i-Sharif Crazyness which is a beastly Afghan Indica landrace. They were free and only cost me less than $15 to ship. Then just today I won another 10 pack from holiseeds of Reg Nirvana Aurora Indica. Another nice strong indica to add to my stockpile!

I also grabbed some pics for you guys! Here is the garden table!
    1427923152851.jpg

Here is the Auto White Widow coming along nicely! Its started showing pistils and is growing visibly every day.
    1427923145263.jpg

Here you can see the garden sprouts. Here you can see 8x Sugar Baby Watermelon, 6x Bush Beans, 8x Marketmore 76 Cucumber, and 4x King of the North Bell Peppers. I still have my Alpine Strawberries, Highbush Blueberry, Chinese Licorice, French Marigolds, Lemon Balm and Snap Peas left to germinate!
    1427923137813.jpg

I'll try and grab some pics of the veggers in the chamber this weekend!

Peace & Love
    PyspherE

10. Looking awesome brother! Congratulations on the Holi seeds. Cant wait to see you run some of your new strains! Keep it up man

11. Quick veg update!!

Here's a pic of the whole lot, on the left is the 2 DarkLord in coco. up front we have the 2 Freedom35 x BlackBerry in coco. Rear centre we have the organic F35 x BB. In the rear right we have the revegging Blue Widow #1.

1428014310435.jpg

Peace & Love
    PyspherE

Nice!!!   [​IMG]

I was fixin' to ask how the 35's were looking!

[​IMG]

13. u are gonna have some potent smoke from Nirvana Aurora Indica. im pulling up a chair here gonna go back and read thur tonight since im late. 

14. You got some Mazar-i-sharif? Those would be fucking amazing for outdoors once this shit is legalized. They'll grow like 10 feet tall haha

15. Yea man! They should be beastly plants! I may throw one outdoors this year. I also want to try one out in my little cab just to see if I can manage a landrace in there.

I just got the beans on Friday and I'm a little disappointed. I got all 10 beans I ordered but there is no breeder pack, and no labeling at all. The seeds are also not uniform at all, there's a couple huge pea sized seeds and some are tiny and small. I can't complain to much cause I only paid shipping and they were the only beans in the shipment so its not like I could mix them up but I was expecting a slightly nicer presentation that I've been accustomed to from The Attitude, The Vault, and Gorilla seed banks. As long as the genetics seem on point I guess the presentation is a very minimal aspect that I can deal with, the test will be to make sure the genetics are somewhat consistent to the description.

I'm hoping my Aurora Indica's I won are presented a little nicer when they arrive! I will let you guys know when they arrive!

Peace & Love
    PyspherE

16. Where did ya get em from? Was it a contest or something? Definately wouldn't trust that. It's in a plants genetics what size seeds they produce, if there are mature small ones and mature big ones there's definately something fishy

17. #218 PsypherE, Apr 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2015
    So I went back and looked at the seeds. They arent as drastically different as I originally remembered. Here you can see the size and maturity difference between 2 seeds.
    1428256184831.jpg

When you look at the whole pack the differences arnt as extreme. 1428256191903.jpg

I got the seeds from Holiseeds.com. I found a "freeseeds" voucher code in the strain description so I only had to pay ~$10 shipping.

Peace & Love
    PyspherE

18. Wow that IS a big difference in seed size,. Funny thing is, my Aurora indicas came in a labeled breeder pack, and out of the 10 seeds 4 of them were sub par and smaller than the rest. I germed 3 of them, two big ones and a small one, they all popped but one of the big ones died when it broke surface, so my two female AIs are from one big bean and one small bean. The bigger bean is a shorter bushier plant and the small bean grew to be tall and little less bushy. They were REG m/f seeds fyi.

But about the freebie seeds code, IS there anyway I could find this code and use it as well? I would love to get a seed pack for price OF shipping!

19. I caught the offer for the 10x Reg Mazar-i-Sharif on the very last day. Actually I literally placed the order while they were updating the site and getting rid of the promotion. They even sent an email saying they had a chuckle when they saw my order come through but would absolutely honour my order. For that I am grateful but I would hope any company would have honoured it since the order went through before the changes were actually applied.

I have a 10x Reg Aurora Indica coming from holiseeds.com as well which I won in a contest here on grasscity. I'm hoping these seeds are presented a little nicer when I get them. Like I said earlier though, so long as the genetics are on point with the description I can deal with a sub par presentation for the price I paid for the beans.

Peace & Love
    PyspherE