Can anyone help me mix my soil? This is what I have

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Grade A, Nov 24, 2014.

1. You want the finer material on the rock dust. Ag lime would be a good substitute for oyster shell for the mix I posted up. This would be a better option than the dolomite. Pro-mix is mostly peat and perlite w/ a wetting agent. I'm not sure what you mean by 'base soil'. Buying a bale of peat moss is more economical than the pro-mix.

If by base soil you mean something that will work well for seeds/ cuts...try this.

1 gallon peat moss
    1 gallon perlite
    1/2 gallon EWC
    1tbs Ag lime

2. Where were your earthworm castings sourced?

Sheesh!!!!! Enough with the over thinking! Fukin Stoners!!!!!!!  :smoking:  :laughing:  :laughing:

The Pro Mix comes from the people who supply the peat moss. Just saving you some labor. When I started there was only the peat moss, so I had to make everything from scratch. Pro Mix is nothing more than peat moss, perlite, some dolomite, and some other stuff, mixed up for those with no wheelbarrow and shovel. That's all.

Keep the dolomite, it's fine. I have a 40lb bag in the garage. I also have a bag of Ag lime AND gypsum. I use all 3. You don't need to, not the first time out. Gypsum does NOT replace lime. Remember that.

Wet

4. I'm getting them from the hydro store. Why is there a certain brand I should be looking for

5. I overthink everything. It drives me nuts sometimes. Lmao

6. Yes, some are certainly far better than others. I would have to know your general location to point you toward something local.

7. East coast U.S.

8. Can I use rock phosphate?

9. Sure.

But not in place of worm castings, two totally different things. Worm shit vs rocks.

Wet

10. I know haha I meant rock phosphate for rock dust?

11. Again, no.

Rock phosphate is pretty much a one trick pony AFA micro nutes/minerals/essential elements. Rock dust has more than a few. Basalt IIRC, the most.

Way too much info to type. Search *rock dust* in this forum and settle in for a read.

Wet