First Grow - Northern Lights - 600w - 3x3 Grow Tent

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Distrex, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Thanks man! I'm definitely happy with everything. Got my feet wet and learned a few things. I'm excited to see my next grow. It should be even better.

I'd be more than happy with pulling 5 ozs! That would be awesome!

2. #263 Distrex, May 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2015
    Thanks a lot, buddy. Its been a pleasure to have you along for the ride 😆

3. I just checked the closet that I'm using to dry. The humidity is sitting at around 55% and the temperature is 70f. So it's looking pretty good in there. The little autoflower that I harvested earlier dried in a few days, but that was a whole lot less bud in there at once. So these will probably take a little bit longer.

I'm smoking the last little bit of bud that i harvested from that autoflower. It's done nothing but get better as it's sat and cured in the jar. Some pretty delicious smoke, if i do say so myself. Haha

4. When I was trimming, I kept a couple of the smaller popcorn buds out so that I could try to quick dry them just to test the potency. So I threw a few in between some paper towels and parked them on top of my router. I checked on them yhe next day and they were dried out but not super crispy. So that was a success.

I've been smoking just that today since getting up and I'm loving the high and the potency. Being that they are northern lights, it'd all indica and you'd comes through in the stone. It's a very body sinking feeling. Very relaxing and I'm sure will be a great, right before bed, smoke. But it does have enough heady feeling to make it a good all day smoke. All on all, the high is fantastic and will just get better with a proper dry and cure. So I'm very excited about that.

I can't say a whole lot about the smoke yet, as these were just quickly dried. It was a little harsh, not bad at all though. And once I threw a bowl into a bubbler instead of the small pipe it wasn't very bad at all. I've certainly had way, way worse smoke. But the flavor was pretty decent. I'd be all for smoking it now, if i didn't know how much better it is going to be.

So i know everything has turned out good so far. I just need to make sure that I don't mess things up in the dry and cure.

5. Everything is still looking good in the drying closet. My humidity had been pretty consistent and has been slowly decreasing as everything is drying out. I tested one of the smaller branches. It breaks but doesn't snap yet. So I've got at least a couple more days before I can trim and jar them up.

I've gotten a good bit done out in my outdoor garden. Transplanted about 8 of my pepper starts that i had under my t5. I also culled some of the tomatoes that i had in pots. When I transplanted them, some had a couple seedlings so I just cut down the weakest ones.

For shits and giggles, I dipped the tomato plants that u cut down in some rooting hormone and stuck them in some soil. If they all due I'm not that worried about it, but could always use some more tomatoes.

I also started a new Walmart bag of potatoes. They have been doing amazing. I can't wait for them.

When I get back from Az, I'll send out my samples to get tested. It usually takes 3-5 days to get the results back. So i should know just how they did in 2-3 weeks.

6. I would be curoius to know how much dry weight that you have.

7. How's it going man? Is your harvest curing along nicely. Seems like you were going to head out of town for awhile around now.

8. I'd just like to apologize for being gone for so long. When I came back from my trip down to Arizona, I found that a tree had fallen and wiped out half the house. It fell right over all three of the bedrooms, including my grow area.

Since I'm currently in a rental I've had to take sll my grow equipment down and haven't had a chance to put anything back up.

I've currently got a bid accepted on a house bin my atea so I should be back to growing here very shortly. And now that most of that craziness has settled down I'm definitely going to be back active here on the forum.

To give everyone a follow up on the harvest, everything has cured up beautiful! I as we by thing has said, the longer it has aged the better it'd has gotten. I've tried to leave one jar closed to cure properly this whole time and will break o to that one later today. I'll give everyone a well deserved smoke report this afternoon.

9. The important thing is youre ok. Just a minor set back! Material things can always be reacquired! How many Ounces you Get? Pass By my Journal! http://forum.grasscity.com/coco-coir/1370782-my-fi...

10. #271 New Nugz, Dec 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2015
    Hey man I just Joined up and Im glad I stumbled on your journal here. It looks like Im Necro posting here probably But Im doing my first and I have a single auto ak49 in the mix with photos crown royale and morpheus. Considering how much extra worrying and how you delayed your schedule for your normal plants and yielded less then a quarter auto..... I don't even know if im gonna waste tent space.... If i do it will just be tagging along while I follow the schedule of my photos. Some guys here were talking about using 12/12 for their autos in bloom, why bother with autos at all? Why bother with ruderalis genes if your not taking advantage of them? If your just gonna adjust your lighting schedule anyways why not go with higher yielding more potent photos? Im not an expert, and these are real questions not rhetorical ones.
    P.s. after reading your journal I was quickly able to find your grow with a single google. Im not the cops but if I were and if they cared I would imagine It would be very easy to figure out who you were based on the information you provided (portland, tree fall house, work travel destinations etc). I seriously doubt it matters but for any paranoid people who are interested in the benefits of an online grow journal it might be best to avoid any personal info. I read your entire grow in a single sit down and you probably didn't realize over the months how many tidbits you dropped that added up to a little too complete of a picture. Im sure it won't matter for much longer anyways with the laws changing everywhere!

11. Hey Man, This hasn't been updated for a while, but this was a great journal. You really inspired me to get back into growing and I ordered a tent and light today. Would love to hear an update of how things are going with you!