Energy drinks not so bad?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by yurigadaisukida, Nov 24, 2014.

1. There is safer alternatives to monster/redbull. There are healthier energy drinks out there.

SeNt FrOm My•🌟☆GaL@x¥ $5☆🌟•

2. lol dude trying to sell verve on here

3. I tend to only drink energy drinks when I have to do a lot of work as I find otherwise my caffeine tolerance goes way too high.

4. Lol I'm not trying to sell a damn thing besides an opportunity. I don't want anyone's money but it is a healthy energy drink and I'm just putting it out there because it way better for you than the crap they have out now.

Believe me I was heavy on monster, that was until a visit to the doctor changed all that.

SeNt FrOm My•🌟☆GaL@x¥ $5☆🌟•

5. I freaking love red bull I used to down monsters but started disliking the taste it started tasting chemically but red bull taste crisp like clean water and it has just enough caffeine not too much.

6. #46 well highdrated, Dec 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2014

yes, but we are talking about some pretty specific ones. the ones that actually harm people. 
    safe energy drinks are not the issue here. 

edit: http://garciniamangostana.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/energy-drink-comparison2.jpg

looking at their own (Verve?) chart it looks like HIRO energy is a much better bet.
    it only has 1 g of sugar.
    i cannot consider any drink that has 18 g of sugar (4.5 teaspoons) per cup healthy. that's just wrong.

and their additives (such as d3 and "aloe vera") aren't worth the extra sugar they are adding.

7. I quit drinking energy drinks daily because coffee is so much damn cheaper and I can make it at home

[​IMG]

8. I drink water...I get my energy from food and sleep

depending on stimulants to get through the day sucks in my opinion and it always backfired on me...I get bad side effects from  caffeine use like anxiety

9. What kind of water do you buy :confused: :laughing:

Yeah... Redbull does not taste like clean water. It has a funny taste to it like almost every energy drink.

11. I would have thought the taste you might be talking about is the guarana. But I don't know if it's in red bull.

Guarana is like the coffee bean of brazil with way more caffine and they make sodas out of it and other stuff. It has a really distinct flavor and you can't miss it once you know what it is. Although when you have it in the sodas from brazil verses the energy drinks it is much more plesant there. Probably because they are processing the fresh bean for the sodas by hand usually as opposed to however those big energy drink companies do it?
    If you are ever in a health food store look for any brazilian soda's that have it unless you are caffine sensitive and try one. See if that is the taste you are thinking of?

Well, from looking at ingredients of different energy drinks, not all of them say they have guarana in them, but I don't know how truthful they have to be about that. Redbull doesn't list guarana as an ingredient. It's not as weird tasting as other energy drinks, but it doesn't have as many things in it as most do.

I'll have to check out those soda's sometime when I have the money.

but what does it really mean when the list "guarana" as an ingredient? i doubt they use natural seed extracts (like oils)... probably some chemical caffeine extraction and that's all that's you get from guarana. a bunch of caffeine. 

also it's not necessarily safer or better than any other source of caffeine, although some claim that it gives you a more steady energy plateau. 

14. #54 jackhos, Dec 29, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    k