Virginians

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by PatrickXy6dC, Nov 24, 2014.

1. From Norml: A Senator from Alexandria, VA, Adam Ebbin has introduced a bill SB686 to decriminalize marijuana possession.

Please write your Congressmen to vote yes for this bill.

2. #2 Litew8stoner, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2014
    Thank you for your e-mail regarding the removal of criminal penalties for minor marijuana possession of up to one ounce of marijuana. I support de-criminalizing possession of small amounts of marijuana, and 1 ounce seems reasonable. I would however replace it with a civil penalty, as I do not want to send a message that it is acceptable to be in an altered state of mind and that happiness can be acquired in that manner. There are two many unknowns about Marijuana as a gateway drug and generally speaking I think it would reduce, in some people, their level of industry and proficiency. In short, I don't want someone who is high doing a break job on my car. Nor do I want them going to jail for simple possession. We certainly need some provision for medical Marijuana that provides some measure of quality control.

This is a complicated issue in public policy. We need to proceed carefully and make sure we do not create unintended consequences. We do not want to win the battle but lose the war. Thank you so much for reaching out to me. I think we are generally in agreement; however, we must be cautious.

Best regards,
    Dave

^ That was my response when I sent out the letter via the norml page. I used to live in Northern Virginia. Live in Colorado now. Good luck.

3. I removed your name.

I also wouldn't want anyone doing a break job on my vehicle. They may fix the brakes if necessary though. :smoke:

4. Thanks, ICGreen.

5. I live there 😏

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Please hurry, I'm getting older by the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum