Tips of first true leaves turning brown? Where did I go wrong?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by clarebearr, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Thanks dude, appreciate it :D
    I assume you're in soil, what feeding solution do you use?

2. I use during flower...

(2 teaspoonsTiger Bloom)
    (1 tablespoon Grow Big)
    (1 tablespoon Molasses)
    (1 teaspoonEpsom)

Not to exclude the use of distilled water.

While in veg, I use all the same measurements only substituting Tiger Bloom for Big Bloom.

3. All of that mixed in a gallon of water? I've got some hydro nutes that can be used in soil, I'm just going to wait until I get the pH figured out. I still have no idea how to adjust pH or what you're supposed to have but I assume from the soil chart it should be 6.5 once it goes from seedling to veg.

4. Tested pH of the fishtank water I was using. It was 5.3 straight from the tank, and the runoff was 6.5. According to the soil chart you're looking for a pH of 6.5 for soil, does that mean it's fine? Or do I need to adjust something?

5. If the runoff is 6.5 thats great

6. #46 gone4good, Dec 15, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
    You actually want to use big bloom throughout. .it's the grow big you'll want to substitute when flowering. (With tiger Bloom)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. #47 gone4good, Dec 15, 2014
    Nevermind...i misread.
    I do however recommend using the big bloom throughout.

8. So, you are okay to use all these nutes, with no worries of nute burn? That's what I'm terrified of, nute burn killed my first plant. :(

9. Good! So from now on if the water going in stays around 5.3 it should be balanced, I guess.

I am worried though, this was my plant on 12/13/14:

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418675874.983088.jpg

And here is 12/15/14, two days later:

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1418675914.848007.jpg

Maybe she's still adjusting to the soil..?

10. I haven't given any nutes, should I be giving nutes? Is it maybe deficiency?

11. #51 gone4good, Dec 15, 2014
    If you are growing in ocean forrest id pass on feeding for a while but Yes they are all safe to use together. Someone may have already pointed out the feeding chart on the fox farms website. If you notice there are a few flushes during the cycle...the reason is because the grow big and the tiger Bloom are pretty concentrated and will burn your plants if overfed...I would use them at half strength.
    Big bloom is actually organic so you really never have to worry about it burning your plants.
    http://foxfarmfertilizer.com/images/pdf/SoilENG-Q2.pdf

12. Okay good, I didn't think it was deficiency but have to rule it out. I didn't know there was a feeding chart, I'll have to look at that. I haven't fed any nutes and I really am looking forward to it, I like to know that my plant is happy and healthy. Excited to use the Big Bloom knowing it's organic. Thanks for all the info! :D

13. #53 gone4good, Dec 15, 2014
    have you considered going 100% organic water only with some ewc/compost teas?
    It's actually so much easier for new growers...no ph worries...no nute burn worries...and the quality blows away bottled nute grows.
    I've been growing for 30 years. 20 in hydroponics and the last 10 in soil...that old saying "quality over quantity" is dead on.
    If you want to give it a go jump onto the organics forum and start looking at some of the soil recipes...i recommend clackamascoots build a soil..so simple. So much cheaper than fox farms bug infested crap.
    http://buildasoil.com/products/the-clackamas-kit

14. Oh and the nutes I have currently are the General Hydroponics Flora Series, but I have not fed yet.

15. Give those away

16. THANK YOU! This is exactly what I needed, I am waiting until I see roots at the bottom of the solo cup is currently keeping her in but then I would like to transplant into a 1gal or 5gal pot of organic soil. I was already thinking of using manure, I need to do my research to decide the best mix for my girl. Always nice to meet an organic grower :D

17. #57 clarebearr, Dec 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  18. #58 gone4good, Dec 15, 2014
    Sorry would have replied sooner but was driving home...but yeah you got the idea..many different recipes are listed/compatible....clackamascoots is an active member here on GC and would answer any questions you ask. He hangs in the organics forum.
    And there is a difference between peat moss and sphagnum peat moss...you'll want the latter.

20. You're right, I fucked that up. Big Bloom is what I use during both veg and flower. Grow Big for veg, and Tiger Bloom for flower.