Rastafari

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by ladymakadocious, Nov 23, 2014.

Perhaps you can define which words have been redefined.

Alright, I will.

In fact, sometimes it is essential we define how we're using certain words in order to ensure we're actually communicating properly, especially when talking about ideas that by their very nature are hard to express.

Words are convenient packages for allowing ideas to be passed across without having to make the other guess what we mean, but in a way, sometimes, we still are. Words are still just 'sign-posts' pointing a way towards what we mean but sometimes will never be the actual thing itself.

So if I have a different point of view, a different perspective, yet still have to use words to describe it, sometimes it will create misunderstanding. But in a way it is good to do so, because it reveals that words are simply vibrations, sounds, thoughts, that we ascribe meaning to.

Do you ever examine one of those expressions we all just use - something we use easily, everyday, that we just understand, yet if we look closely at really has no meaning at all? Yet it is just accepted for what it is because it has become part of the collective understanding. It isn't the words themselves that do this but what we have decided they mean.

Like perspectives, words also come with other ways of understanding them depending on the context, or the subject, they're being used in. I understand that unless you're hearing them from the same place they're being said, in certain circumstances, according to your own ideas, I may be saying 'white' and you will actually hear 'black'.

3. Blessed Love.

Come and reason on the forum @ JAH-RasTafarI.com Hopefully u can find some Rastafari in your local area that u could link up with.

Haile I.