[Art] someone did the cover for my book

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by RW_Tucker, Nov 22, 2014.

1. #1 RW_Tucker, Nov 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2014
    If you'll indulge me for a minute, I want to talk about my experience in getting an artist to do my book covers.

I went on DeviantArt to find an artist that could draw zombies, the subject matter of my stoner-kung fu series. Vetting a few people, I narrowed the field down to two guys that both were damn good artists. One of them was much more responsive, despite the fact that they lived on a different continent.

A month or so later, and maybe some extra cash given so that I could get a "lit cigarette" in the clenched fists ( :p ), and I got covers for my books.

Seriously fucking impressive artwork.

[​IMG]

2. Wow that's beautiful! And awesome story about hunting the artist down. There are so many creative people out in this world now a days its like crazy not to run into someone who doesn't do poetry, art, music, or dance

3. That's badass. I'm a writer myself. Love artwork number two.

4. Glad you guys like it! Would love to see more stoner-writers featured around here.

The internet has really opened up art for everyone's consumption, gotta love it.

5. Wow that's really slick

I know they say not to judge a book by its cover, but that's a type of book I would pick up because the cover looks so damn slick.

[​IMG]

6. Would love you to read and review! If you like martial arts and cannabis, or horror and cannabis, or cannabis and cannabis, this is the book for you.