Going back to school

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by shermdawg767, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Hey everybody! Well I'm making a choice to go back to college. Originally I had finished my first semester about a year ago but during my second I dropped out. Mostly because I was stressed going to school and working a part time job. I didn't see any of my friends which made it more miserable. I was alone.

My life became all school in the day, work in the afternoon and by the time I made it home I was tired and didn't do any studying or homework. So I just left. Since my grades weren't progressing and I was a bit depressed. At the time my family moved to another state and I stayed with my grandparents. until I moved in with my parents after I dropped out.

So here I am now working in a different state and want to go back. Majoring in the same subject but now I feel like I more motivated because I know I don't want to work a shitty job forever. And I can continue to have a formal education for my passion which is science!

Have any of you gone back to school after leaving? Or have any advice? I would like to know how should I go about am choosing a new school?
    I appreciate all response and advice! Thanks! And stay blazed!

"Wait! We can't stop here, this is bat country!"- Fear and Loathing

2. Good for you, man.
    I don't understand how people can do school full time and work a job on top of that. Depends on your course load and time management skills I guess. Maybe if you got a slack job on campus like in the weight room. Gotta have some free time to chillax.

I am just finishing up my first semester back after four years out of university and loving it. What I would reccomend is change your time-wasting habits now, slowly until school starts. I mean you'll have a lot of free time outside of class and don't waste it playing video games too much or on the computer.

for choosing school or program see a guidance counselor, do some personality and skills tests and tell them what interests you. good luck
    So many good lookin' girls, so little time...

3. If you really like science and find it even a tad interesting, look into geo;logical sciences. There are all kind of jobs with the energy companies as geologist. Pay is great too.

4. I am going back to school right now. I have two diplomas and I'm finally going to get my degree. Feels good man. Been 2 years out of school working and shit. 

5. I've already finished a semester. I'm going to continue with the same major which is botany.

"Wait! We can't stop here, this is bat country!"- Fear and Loathing

6. Just dont be a gynecologist, 400 pound bearded zit farm woman with a yeast infection spread her twat in front of you and make you vomit.

7. In someways, maybe you're the smartest of us all..

We call him Chief Kief now

8. Just a nerd with a shitload of tattoos and a bunch of weed plants. :)

9. Just think of the money... youre either wasting that money on no degree or getting one and making a profit with a good job. Good luck man.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. College is a great foundation

11. Great choice. Gotta love some plant science. Great jobs in that field too.

12. Hey! Once I got out of high school I was working for this pizza place thinking that's what I wanted to do with my life. 5 years later I was still working there and hating it. Once I decided to back to school this semester everything changed! I decided to major in science too and I find school so fun! I never thought I'd ever go to college and people were stupid to be wasting their money but it's so much funner having something to do other than working 60 hours a week! I quit the pizza place and only work on weekends delivering Chinese food and spend my time during the week focusing on school and doing the best I can and I still even have time for a real life! Oh and it definitely wouldn't be possible without the help on my Mary j keeping me focused and motivated!! Good luck to you! You can do it!

13. I have decided after 2 years to go back to school as well. I am looking into geology and hopefully wind up in the planetary geologist career field. Any other geologists out there who can give some advice?

14. Threads like this prove the stereotype- "stoners are lazy/stupid. They have no motivation to do anything yadayadayada " is just dead wrong. All you guys in post-secondary education and shit. Good for y'all. Show the negative nancies whose boss.

15. I quit my pizza job of 8+ years about a year ago and went back to school, I'm now half way to my degree in becoming a personal trainer. I am lucky enough to have family that is willing to pay my tuition and monthly bills while I'm in school though... School and work is no good