Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Edibles help

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by MadDabber96, Nov 22, 2014.

1. So I've made two batches of hard candy first with 1 gram of bho and it gave me a very mild body buzz. So since it worked I decided to make it more potent and added 3 grams and it had the same effect. I think the problem is that the availability to the blood stream is limited and I wanted to know how to make it more available with bho.

Also out of 18 grams of weed I will get ~3 grams of bho if I were to just make cannabutter with 18 grams would it be more potent or would I be better off using the bho ?

2. I'm not sure what bho is but here are a few tips I've learned.
    First heat kills Thc. You can easily cook out you potency, especially getting to the hard candy stage..
    Check your thermometer and make sure it's correct. Watch it closely!
    You can add more potent oils, butter, tinctures... After it comes off the stove.. (Don't be tooo greedy it won't set up or stick together:)
    I like to make taffy, and when I'm pulling the taffy I just work in small amounts of hash oil or butter...

I am so open minded you should only think like me..

3. bho iso... im guess he means some sort of concentrate... shatter/oil/waxey stuff

kinda hard to say if you were to do those in hot knifes it would probably last a lot longer then if you were to use all that weed to make some edibles.. kinda like rolling a blunt vs a bong ya ur gunna get some kinda a buzz but one kinda wastes a bit if you wanna think about it lol

4. Bho stand for butane honey oil and I've had weed candy before that got me blitzed outa my mind but I didn't make it so I know there is a way to make it more potent

5. have you decarbed the oil?  just saying

6. This is what I'm trying to do I was told the heat of the candy will decarb it when I add it in but I don't think it works very well if at all I just need to know a way to decarb it

7. I'm not totally sure on the whole oil decarb. But I would treat it like bud and decab it seprit in a foil sealed container. I remember reading somwheare maybe one of badkitty's posts that mixing it with oil/candy inhibits the decarb process since it needs to oxidize or something like that to break the carbon out of the chemistry chain.

Now as for temp and time I am unsure since bud use is more mainstream then bho or oil in general to my knowledge

8. thanks for the help I think I'm gonna stick to cannabutter

9. If you can do butter you can do coconut oil... It's the same steps to make and use it the same way as normal butter when done..
    But it absorbs more Thc :)

I am so open minded you should only think like me..