16yr old cited after crashing, killing whole family.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by ItsReneeYo_, Nov 22, 2014.

1. ^
    If my post seems in any way disrespeful or if it seems im trying to change anyones opinion or be overbearing my sincerest apologies.

Sincerely trying to understand your point of view is all.

~ poke

P.s. sorry to post so much renee, i just havent see a renee thread in a long time yo :yay:

Bout damn time too, was itchin for one :hello:

2. #42 rain dancer, Nov 22, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
    Dont take offense when i use the word ignorant, but i have a background in law engorcement and in private investigating from a very young age. My family is equally full of criminals and of officers of the law.

His age most certaintly is relevant. Ever heard of "trying someone as an adult?"

Reckless driving can be defined a number of ways and his age is most certaintly considered in this situation. Thats a fact. Even his sex is considered, as being male, he is much more likely than a female of his age group to get into an accident.

Thats also why his insurance vs a twin sister of the same age would be considerably higher. Oh yes, insuurance definitely considers testerone a deciding factor as well.

You are more than welcome to look any of this information up.

One day you will understand compassion if youre lucky. Illness showed me the light. Ill leave you with this as im no closer to understanding you now than your first post, but i appreciate the discussion.
    [​IMG]

Sincerely
    ~ poke

3. wow yo i feel loved. haha 

4. I told you in pm that you were legit in my eyes. Great hearted person, with a serious ability to get people controversial.

Grasscity is boring without renee threads yo

I feel bad for your last thread, i didnt mean to make you feel bad in any way :)

5. haha yea ive had some crazy threads, you helped me develop a little bit when it comes to replying to people and writing certain things. ure2cool4skool man. <3 

6. Ha, what do you know, had an extra like ;)

7. Assuming he's not a sociopath, penalty more severe than a citation, and the revocation of his driver's license which is pretty much guaranteed, would not likely positively affect the public, this individual, or his impact on the public. This boy was (as far as we know) not acting maliciously or blatantly recklessly (as someone driving drunk, incarceration is most likely unnecessary to protect the public from him. It could also make him more likely to rebel against the legal system or even society as a whole for it. It might be a tougher penalty, but it probably wouldn't benefit anyone.

The whole situation, not just the crime being charged, should be taken account in a case and the penalties for a convicted crime. Maybe I'm soft, but hitting the guy with multiple manslaughter charges would not benefit anyone, and rehabilitation into society should come before punishment.

Just my two cents.

8. #48 jmick, Nov 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2014
    Don't know if anyone pointed this out, but in another story I read about this it said nobody was wearing a seatbelt.....

and most were ejected from the vehicle....

9. Damn, that's rough. Probably played a role in some or even all of the deaths though. People ejected from vehicles usually don't hold up so well.

Kills me that seatbelts of some form have come standard on cars for over forty year, yet so many people won't wear one, or even require their children to wear one or put them in a car seat. The parents were certainly responsible for seeing that the younger children were properly restrained.

Please, people, your kid's safety is worth the cost of a car seat, and the potential whining about being put in one. Simple way to prevent a lot of injuries and deaths.

10. That poor kid. I can't even imagine what he is going through. Honestly, I don't believe he should be charged. Like everybody said. He's going through a true and living hell that I cannot even fathom right now.

11. It takes experience to know your limits when driving tired.

I truly sympathize with this kid. Hopefully he can forgive himself one day.

12. No way, no how, do we ever forget what we've seen..

13. Anyone else find it kinda strange that out of all the people in the car, only the driver survived? 

14. shit..right before the holidays too.. this hit the feels

15. He was the only one who wore a seatbelt.

16. Gotta agree with this. Without Renee threads we wouldn't have anything real to talk about.

Also I am super glad earthling stopped posting threads.

But on subject...I have always felt the legal system was weird because it never says "well, the consequences of your actions are punishment enough." It always says "well, even though you didn't do it on purpose, and the rest of your life is now ruined...it's not good enough. You have to be punished in the way WE want you to be punished on top of the permanent ass raping that life is giving you."

It's fucking weird.

Punish intent, not consequences.

17. I don't see the sig but Kimbra is his avi. She's awesome

18. not at all, the driver is actually one of the safer places to be in an accident since if the driver causes the crash they will instinctually protect themselves in their split second reactions right before the crash

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. Since I'm not the kid, I say he should be punished.

If I was the kid, I'd be extremely happy that I'm not in jail getting my butt pounded.

20. The system is broken. I think the citation given was the lesser of all evils, considering the screwed up police state we live in.

Sent from my DeLorean using a Flux Capacitor