The High Times Cannabis Cup Amsterdam 2014 Canceled by Amsterdam City Council

Discussion in 'General' started by The Grasscity Post, Nov 21, 2014.

1. #1 The Grasscity Post, Nov 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2014
    [​IMG]

The city of Amsterdam has canceled the High Times Cannabis Cup this year. The event will not receive a license from the Amsterdam city council.

The weed festival should have begun this Sunday and has several components, but today, Amsterdam officials announced to the organization of the cup, High Times inc, that the license will not be provided this year.

According to city officials the license application has been applied too late, so there can be no checklist completed on public order and public safety regulations.

Also there were very much complaints in regards to last years Cup, according the Amsterdam officials.

It is not sure if there will be attempts by HT to try to get a fast track approval to get the license. Not having the festival, will be a big blow to the HT community, it's visitors and its sponsors who already traveled to Amsterdam to attend the cup. Thousand of "judges" are already in Amsterdam to vote for the best weed of the city. But perhaps this year the HT cup has really gone up in smoke......

UPDATE 14.00:

The High Times organization just announced that they have found an alternate location for the cup, later today it will be announced where it will take place.

UPDATE SUNDAY 23/11/2014 14.30

High Times Cannabis Cup Exhibition was supposed to move to The Melkweg in Amsterdam City Center, however 30 Minutes ago Police came in and said that all vendors need to pack their stuff and leave the building.

[​IMG]

2. #2 Grendelking, Nov 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2014
    That's a bummer if I've ever heard one. Plane tickets to Amsterdam aren't cheap. Can you imagine traveling out there and this happens ? I'd be a little bit furious to say the least. But then the cannabis would calm me down. But still...

3. Where is this from do you know? 

4. #4 Superjoint, Nov 21, 2014
    Whole of USA is moving towards legalization and Amsterdam is running back in time...... such a shame, Grasscity.com was attending the show with a stand, so much work and time gone now, such a shame......

SJ

5. I just seen Danny Danko posted in Facebook that he was there an already smoking. You have any links or prove of this?
    *proof

6. #6 Superjoint, Nov 21, 2014
    What proof, this is an official press release by Amsterdam city officials, we just got the notice, we were ready to attend the fair starting this Sunday with a Grasscity stand..... :cry:

Amsterdam News Site: http://www.at5.nl/artikelen/137494/cannabis-cup-gaat-niet-door

7. I cant see this anywhere apart from on here, is it a wind up?

8. #8 4ganja2green0, Nov 21, 2014
    what the hell were they thinking? what a stunt to pull this within the week of, im sure knowing everyone has booked flight, hotel, or are already there supporting their community! 

Other than to go bang some 5 star hookers i now have no need or want to visit amsterdam.

9. #9 Superjoint, Nov 21, 2014
    still have reason to visit, no?

11. Rembrand, van Gogh, Mondriaan ???? ;-)

SJ

12. #12 SlightlyStonedSD, Nov 21, 2014
    That's messed up to cancel this so close to the event when reservations are surely past the refund date.

Unless High Times really filed for the license too late, then it's on them.

edit- they updated the press release to say it will be moved to a new location. At a later time?

13. That's why I asked for a link or proof. I can't find anything about it but this post.

14. UPDATE 14.00:

The High Times organization just announced that they have found an alternate location for the cup, later today it will be announced where it will take place.

15. Says in the comments he made it and was already smoking. I know this is his real page. I've met him on more than one occasion and won things off free weed podcasts. They may have moved it but not canceled it. I went to 2 cups in the US this year. I had to give up my passport or I would be over there.

Attached Files:

16. Can you tell us where this update is coming from so we can keep an eye on it please?

17. LOL dude where do you think I'm am, I'm in city center Amsterdam...... don't shoot the messenger.....

SJ

18. We will update it here as soon as we know, we are also attending, so please be assured we want to be the first to know as well.

SJ

i wouldnt pay that kind of money just to see some fine art. i can catch those exhibitions when they travel. although there is alot more to amsterdam then bud and art. obviously my comment didnt express how much i wouldnt want to support their government for pulling this. who knows maybe it was high times fault. i would still like to see amsterdam but it wont be my first and only stop!

20. breaking news haha