Getting Started in the Marijuana Business

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DHouseal15, Nov 20, 2014.

1. #1 DHouseal15, Nov 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2014
    Hey everyone, I have been really troubled as to what I want to do with my life. I just graduated high school and I'm almost done with my first semester at a community college. I am majoring in Business Administration and I don't see where I'm going with this. I have the money available to transfer to a 4-year school, but I am debating whether it would be better to use that money to help me get my foot in the marijuana business. Marijuana sparks my interest like nothing else in life. I love the smell, the looks, and  the taste of it. I don't have to be high all the time, I just want to make a career out of something that benefits the world which I have a passion for. Please offer any suggestions you have for me. I live in Pennsylvania but I have family members in California and Colorado so I could see that as having some potential.

Thank you,
    Donnie

2. I highly suggest before you start growing for profit, start off with a couple small plants and learn how to grow.

I'm personally working towards a masters AND growing weed for myself and my wife. I don't care what you heard, growing is not a get rich quick scheme. It take a lot of hard work and dedication and a ton or research, but once you get it down its a very easy plant to grow

I suggest sticking with something legit, and growing for personal use before ever trying to make some money at it, just my opinion. I've seen a lot of people spend a ton of cash getting off, and then get nowhere cause they realized they are in way over their heads

3. I concur^^    :hello:

4. #4 Doc-J, Nov 22, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
    Here in Colorado you have to be a resident for two years before you can own a marijuana business. That leaves few options. You can grow as a caregiver which they are trying to crack down on, or you can work for a dispensary/retail mj company. The only jobs you will find working for someone else are trimming or bud tending. Trimming jobs do not pay that well and require a support badge (not the same as a red card). Kushy sales jobs tend to go to friends, hot chicks, or someone that gets promoted from within. If you want to be a grower it will take a few years as an assistant (otherwise known as being someone's bitch who gets all the shit work and low pay) and real experience in the industry. A couple of harvest from a closet grow will not cut it for credentials.

5. Thanks for the feedback. I think growing for fun would be something stimulating for me to do. I just need to know the basics of what I would need and the proper techniques. I will continue to work on my degree, I just need an avenue to roll down with it.