PH Testers

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by OQuinn24, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Ordering the last things I need for my grow, can someone point me in the direction of cheaper, reliable, easy to use PH Meter? I've looked around on Amazon but don't really know what brands are any good. I want something I don't have to have calibration fluid for, ect. Simple. Links would be the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I was on a budget when I started so I got one on ebay from a seller in California but it was obviously chinese made, for $10. Its done its job for 3 months so far. Check out Hanna (I think that's it) or Milwaukee models they're $ but legit
    This is just me but I'd recommend the calibration fluid no matter what you get, I randomly check the ph meter just to be sure it's still working accurately plus I kept reading everywhere that its good to store the meter in that fluid as well, keep researching and good luck!

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1329219-My-2Nd-Real-Grow-Attempt%2C-W--Pics%21-Bubble-Cloner-clone-Machine%2C-Dwc

3. Also looking for a PH Tester, I've heard a few good things about the Milwaukee ph600... any veterans have input on this?

4. I reccommend hanna meters for a ph meter and you can get them cheaply on amazon. I use one and love it 😊

5. Do you need to calibrate it every use?

6. I do mine every 2 weeks or so

7. The hell with it, I'll just order the cheaper Hannah one to make up for the extra cost of the fluid. Towards the end of this grow list and the money is getting smaller!
    Thanks for the recommendation btw it looks like a quality meter

8. That helps because I was worried about not buying the best and it being a waste. Helps ease my mind.

9. i bought one off amazon that I had to calibrate myself.  It came with two mixtures at both ends of the scale.

I wouldn't consider it very accurate....cheap.  As for now I've just stuck with my indicator dyes.  Local grow shops are charging upwards of 60$ for a decent pH meter.

10. I got the extech ph 50 and works great so far..perfect calibration right out the box

11. I got a Milwaukee PH600 at the hydro shop for about $35 with calibration solutions included