scrap micro grow with ccfl

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Caterpie, Nov 20, 2014.

1. not all pictures came trough, here is the rest

Attached Files:

2. thanks! your dresser build is looking good as well! 

3. Looking great dude! You transformed a simple wine box into a genuine growroom! 
    Thanks for noticing my topic! Gonna make your carbon filter tomorrow, so you will have it before weekend  :D

The 2700K bulb is good for flowering, but you can always add the LED bulb in the flowering stage because it will give you more watts, spectrum and yield.

4. anyone  knows whats a good amount of airflow for a plant this size?

5. my current setup is a winebox of about 11.5 liters or 3 gallons. Im using a high grade PC fan thats meant to build up pressure.
    i use inline voltage drop plug things with which i can vary the speed of the fan with, its running 12 volts with 4 of those inhibitors but its still running quite loud and moves ALOT of air, if i put my plant in the range of the inlet it presses the poor fella all the way to the ground... sorry plant, wasnt paying attention. now ive moved it out of the big airflow and its just wiggling a bit in the residual airflow inside the box. i think im not gonna worry too much abou tthis as i will probably soon be upgrading to a PC case with carbonfilter so then the airflow will be a whole other story. Thanks for the link anyways its really helpful!

6. Been away from home for a few days, told my mom to water the plant in the shiny winebox so she did. it have had 24 hours of light per day since thursday because my timer broke :\\ luckily i can use a spare one from Weedleâ„¢ for now. The plant had some significant growth in my opinion but thats probably cause i havent seen her for a few days. i have added some photos please leave a comment :)

Attached Files:

7. Love seeing people create something outta nothing! Subbed my friend.

8. Looking great so far Caterpie! Love the quality of your pictures  :metal:

9. #31 Caterpie, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2014
    so the title to this thread is completely irrelevant now haha i still have a cardboard box but got a slightly bigger one. Also joining the solo cup challenge with a quick poison seed i got from Weedleâ„¢ together with some cups, soil and all sorts of goodies. i made a new box with a reflector for the CFL i use, wich i also got from Weedleâ„¢. hope you guys like my new box even tho it has nothing to do with this thread anymore, still growing the same plant by the way. box will get a decent carbon filter wich is curently being constructed by Weedleâ„¢.
    Plant is looking strong under this lamp and growing nicely. Did some readings with my phones lux meter to measure if the reflector did much and guess what, i doubled the light going down towards my plant in comparison to no reflectives at all, really happy with that. any suggestions and comments are always welcome of course! Enjoy!

_
    dont really have a good picture for now of the reflector but its shaped somewhat like this :   /    \\

Attached Files:

10. when can you determine the type of plant?

11. #33 Scars, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2014
    Looking good Caterpie.

I think you should transplant soon for a more productive plant. Maybe wide/low/square pots to utilize space more efficiently. You'll learn quickly how fast cannabis goes root bound in cups like that.

12. thanks i will be transplanting my plant soon as possible, the solo cup stays this way because it is used for the solo cup challenge. thnx for the advice!

13. Okay, I need to know more about this fish water!

I have an aquarium that is 10 gallons with 1 goldfish, 2 zebra danios, and 2 aquatic plants. Lots of algae on the sides, pops up as soon as I scrub it back off. I would love to try watering my plant with this, I'm just not sure if it's as nutrient-rich since I have a filter installed. And I also wonder if it's really all that much better than regular water? I suppose it's like.. fish manure? Do you just scoop out some water and feed your plant?

I'm so curious! :D

14. i got a water vacuum cleaner wich collects all fish-shit from the bottom of my tank in a filter like container, i mix this in with some water and give this to my plants. leaves a mess on the top of your soil and it can possibly take diseases and algae into your soil so i stopped doing it. worked like a charm as long as i used it tho, give it a try! you can also take the filter if its a sponge type filter and squeeze it out in some aquarium water. Make sure its aquarium water or you will destroy the bacteria in the filter that benefit your aquarium. Also the water will have more nutrients than tap water anyways. check out aquaponics systems, some of these use fish to make nutrient rich water. Hope this helped!

offtopic: the instant growth of algae is a sign of too much nutrients in the water, yes this is possible :p try refreshing the water more often (wich is an easy job with a 10 gallon tank) or try to add more plant wich use up these nutrients. Also a full blackout for a few days can help destroy algae. try to keep off the chemicals as long as possible. The super nuted water will help to grow your plants as far as i know so try saving some and give it to your plants!

sorry for the random writing, really blazed atm  :smoking:

15. can anyone tell me what this quick poison is doing?
    Looks like it misses 1 of its starting leaves.

anyone?

Attached Files:

16. #38 Caterpie, Dec 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2014
    havent posted here for a while, sorry! 
    My plant are doing great! (except or a little burn :unsure: )

Here is a little photo update!
    please tell me what you think about it!

Thanks to Weedleâ„¢ i got a nice fan and thermometer, also he is finishing my carbon filter!
    Which is very nice because the biggest plant is starting to smell a little bit.

Anyone got suggestions on what type the plant is in the square container?

photos keep turning around :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:

Attached Files:

17. Someone in the Sick Plants thread posted a pic of their plant, about the same size as yours in the square pot, and the stem was as thick as a US dime. Apparently not only using a fan on your seedling but also lightly tapping the top of the plant once a day builds up a thick stem, as does **gently** bending the stem. Just some ideas if you'd like a thicker stem! Your plants look great though, kudos!

18. thnx for the tip! i probably dont want a stem that size as i will have to LST this plant probably. Dont think a stem that size will help with the LST haha but i will use that technique on my quick poison as it will be a very small plant for sure. I just dont know what kind of plant the taller one is because its a bagseed. Dont even know what kind of weed it was packed with so i havent got the slightest clue. according to the leaves im guessing its a indica strain, but even then theres unlimited options of what it could be :p